Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whats stopping you? >

Whats stopping you?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whats stopping you?

Old 12-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whats stopping you?

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

If I knew what wasstopping me from shooting big bucks, I wouldn't be getting stopped anymore.
If that Isn't the truth Ryan!! Very good point!!!!
that's the same thing I thought when I first read it.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

access is my issue as well. Bigger proplem is i planned to get a lease this year but i plan to go to florida and get my open water cert. for diving this early spring. I also plan to buy the gear so i can dive where ever i want. It will run me nearly 2k total for everything. There goes the lease.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Fork Horn

On my list of favorites

I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal.

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

I love you guys.

And who doesn't love Super Troopers. Really.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:59 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

ORIGINAL: GregH

Not mad Doof, just playing along with your silly little games for a bit.

Talking with you Doof is like talking with a lobotomy recipient, really.[8D]
But we went over this.

Your shananigans aren't cheeky and fun. Just evil and full of spite.. which makes them not shananigans really.

Evil shananigans.
Nothing evil on my part Doof. I just had an opinion that you didn't agree with and you wouldn't let it go. By keeping this up you are bordering on the ridiculous and it is not cheeky and fun on your part. It is infantile and you excel at it.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Jimimac

This thread is loaded because it implies that a guy isn't getting it done and is somehow less of a hunter unless he is putting big deer on the ground. Furthermore, it also implies that those who aren't killing big bucks are making some sort of excuse why they aren't, while at the same timediminishing the accomplishments of those that do. That's BS. Me, I'm not going to diminish anyone elses success. Good for you, power to ya and I'm happy for you. No doubt about it and I'll be the first to congratulate you and actually mean it.

I've killed my share of deer with my bow over the last 20 years or so here in PA. Nothing ever big though for various reasons, but those reasonsaren't excuses.It's just how things have played out given my particular set of circumstances. It is what it is folks and I'm not ashamed of it. Do I want it to happen? Sure, but at what cost? Should I hold out for a 140 and NEVER kill another buck? I don't think so. What fun is there in that? All I can do iscontinue to take bucks thatare goodrepresentative specimens for where I hunt. That's how I've been doing it for awhile and I don't see that changing anytime soon given my situation.
This isn't a loaded thread. Trust me, I'm the LAST guy that you'll hear preaching about big bucks. Hell, look at my username.We all read alot about "If I lived/hunted where that guy does, I could do better"". Well, some of us DO live there and STILL aren't getting it done on a consistant basis. I'm asking why. No ace in the hole, no rabbit up my sleeve, that's all I'm asking.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great (original) thread. Whenever I don't succeed it is because I messed up, every time.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: JoeRE

Great (original) thread. Whenever I don't succeed it is because I messed up, every time.
I think this is a GREAT way to look at hunting, and life in general.