HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whats stopping you?
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 07:59 PM
buttonbuckmaster
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whats stopping you?

ORIGINAL: Jimimac

This thread is loaded because it implies that a guy isn't getting it done and is somehow less of a hunter unless he is putting big deer on the ground. Furthermore, it also implies that those who aren't killing big bucks are making some sort of excuse why they aren't, while at the same timediminishing the accomplishments of those that do. That's BS. Me, I'm not going to diminish anyone elses success. Good for you, power to ya and I'm happy for you. No doubt about it and I'll be the first to congratulate you and actually mean it.

I've killed my share of deer with my bow over the last 20 years or so here in PA. Nothing ever big though for various reasons, but those reasonsaren't excuses.It's just how things have played out given my particular set of circumstances. It is what it is folks and I'm not ashamed of it. Do I want it to happen? Sure, but at what cost? Should I hold out for a 140 and NEVER kill another buck? I don't think so. What fun is there in that? All I can do iscontinue to take bucks thatare goodrepresentative specimens for where I hunt. That's how I've been doing it for awhile and I don't see that changing anytime soon given my situation.
This isn't a loaded thread. Trust me, I'm the LAST guy that you'll hear preaching about big bucks. Hell, look at my username.We all read alot about "If I lived/hunted where that guy does, I could do better"". Well, some of us DO live there and STILL aren't getting it done on a consistant basis. I'm asking why. No ace in the hole, no rabbit up my sleeve, that's all I'm asking.