Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I just can't do it...... >

I just can't do it......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I just can't do it......

Old 12-08-2008, 08:42 AM
Banned

Default RE: I just can't do it......

Yea..I'm with ya....19 is a little 2 warm 2 hunt. I prefer single digits or below 0 temps myself.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:46 AM
Dominant Buck

LOL....If you don't get the inference.....having the luxury to pick and choose days/times to hunt usually means something good has preceeded that.

I want one more doe before the season ends....and I can hunt almost any time I choose. I choose "warmer"....lol. If I had unfulfilled goals....I'd be in the woods right now.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT
If I had unfulfilled goals....I'd be in the woods right now.
Get one with the longbow yet?

I haven't....
Old 12-08-2008, 08:56 AM
Dominant Buck

DANG you, LC.[:@]

Now there's a thought.

Actually....as soon as I got the 6 pointer I started shooting again on Saturday. I shot well for a while.....then went back out to shoot one arrow......come in.....go shoot one.....come in....you know..

On one trip out I missed the target from 15yds. Messed my head up, big time. I shot a bunch, since.....and it's fine. But that one shotleaves me with doubts.

I know it's likely OK....and I know I could make it a slam dunker or nothing. That is a thought.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, you could go bake something, or go shopping. Maybe buy yourself some new lavender pumps.[8D]

Get out and hunt. What else have you got to do? Take the longbow and get it done wuss.j/k (sorta)

LT
Old 12-08-2008, 09:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Baby.

And this is coming from a Texan whos temps have not been below 20 yet.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:20 AM
Dominant Buck

Ask iamyourhuckleberry....lol (from CO) if it gets cold, here (NC). He froze his butt off!

The cold isn't the real issue.....

I can hunt morning or evening....and just choose evenings!...lol I think I just had a change of heart, though (thanks, LC). I'll be back at it.

To be honest....I've never practiced that nuch in bibs with my longbow. I'll do that, today. it's also a LOT tougher to hunt after leaf drop (with the longbow....at treestand heights I'm comfortable with....with that weapon). No excuse, though....I'm gonna try it.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Around me I haven't seen any activity in the morning at all. In the evening all the activity is at sunset. I just hunt the last hour. You won't get too cold in an hour, but then again below 20 is pretty extreme for me! I admit it I' a bit of a weather wimp! PM hunts for me only
Old 12-08-2008, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

To be honest....I've never practiced that nuch in bibs with my longbow. I'll do that, today. it's also a LOT tougher to hunt after leaf drop (with the longbow....at treestand heights I'm comfortable with....with that weapon). No excuse, though....I'm gonna try it.
I don't know, Jeff. Now that the trees are bare, I've pretty much decided that I've got a better chance of getting close enough to close the deal with the longbow if I use some ground cover and keep my butt on the ground on the down-wind side of a known trail.

Also, after my last experience trying to shoot the longbow from a Summit stand and "wiffing" on two deer within 5 minutes, I'm not going to try that again.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:27 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.