Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I just can't do it...... >

I just can't do it......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I just can't do it......

Old 12-08-2008, 05:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: I just can't do it......

It isn't JUST the cold,T. It's a combination of several things. If my freezer was empty.....I'd be hunting.

I'm still heading out this afternoon. All is well.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

It was 17 @ the cabin sat morning, it wasnt to bad hunting the wind was calm and a huge frost over everything. Saw 6 does and 3 bucks, but none came close enough for a shot.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:10 AM

i went through the same thing yesterday morn,woke up earlyto go hunt, looked at the thermometer... 2 deg 10mph winds,Then immediatelystarted trying to talk myself out of it. had to go
Old 12-08-2008, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

-1 this morning, I went out, but I only sat for an hour, damn fridgid as far as im concerned. No signs of life were recorded.

Maybe they will be moving tonight...[&:]
Old 12-08-2008, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well jsut to make you feel bad. (not realy)

My 12 year old daughter sat for several hours youth gun morning in 18 degree weather....I was so proud!! Of course I was a bit cold!...LOL But she's determined to get a deer....I'm so proud!!
Old 12-08-2008, 07:58 AM
Dominant Buck

I don't feel bad, at all....and if I didn't have 6 tags filled....I'd probably be out ther right now, too.

There's a reason I'm not REAL skippy about sitting in the cold.

If she's that determined....you ought to be able to put her on one. MAke sure and post up photos!
Old 12-08-2008, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hear you Jeff. I knew I wasn't going out this morning, it was 18F.[:@][:'(] I don't need to kill another deer that badly. IWILL bein my stand by 1:00PM this afternoon though. It will still be in the upper 20's though,with cloudy conditions (which I love), "supposedly"a west wind at 7mph, which settled down a lot since yesterday. It should be perfect conditions. We'll see what happens.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

You wimp Jeff!! Just giving you a hard time. Yep, 6 deer In the freezer would make my decision easy to stay home In below zero temps. When I got up this morning to go out hunting It was 13 degree's. I thought sweet, It' a heat wave compared to the 0 temps we've had the last week. I then looked at the direction of the smoke coming out of my wood stove, wrong wind direction for where I wanted to go though so I stayed home.[:@]
Old 12-08-2008, 08:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff I killed that doe yesterday in the teens, while I was way underdressed. I think you can get out there[8D]
Old 12-08-2008, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I don't feel bad, at all....and if I didn't have 6 tags filled....I'd probably be out ther right now, too.

There's a reason I'm not REAL skippy about sitting in the cold.

If she's that determined....you ought to be able to put her on one. MAke sure and post up photos!

I still have hopes she will get one this year. And you better believe I'll post some pics.

She did decide to sleep in Sunday on me. I was ready and she wanted to sleep in. It was cold out too. So I followed suit and went back to bed. I won't push her to much. But everytime I talk about going she wants to go too. I'm all for it.

Heck I get one doe down and have a hard time getting out for myself. I'll probably get into it more after the gun seasons pass.At least I tell myself that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.