Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 You can have your peeps for hunting...not me >

You can have your peeps for hunting...not me

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

You can have your peeps for hunting...not me

Old 12-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: You can have your peeps for hunting...not me

I have never had a peep on any set-up I've owned. Though very frustrating, Im glad my old man taught me that lesson when I was starting out with a bow. I'm by no means the poster child for great form and do not claim to be, but I am damn proud that I consistently keep my form true without the aid of a peep sight.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:15 AM
Dominant Buck

I've just gotten to the point, when I can't look up and see my pins clearly, it's time to get down. There are other days, other deer, I don't need to kill something so badly that I have to beable to see in the dark. Most all bowhunters hunt past legal shooting hours and think nothing of it. Why is that. When i can't see.... it's time to take the arrow off the string. I've practiced for hours in poor lighting conditions. Arrow impact is effected. To me, it's not worth the trouble.

LOL.....I mean L O L!!!

I need to kill a deer that badly (implication).

Me and all my buddies who hunt past legal hours need all the help we can get (Accusation).

Issues I tell you.....You have issues!
Old 12-08-2008, 05:54 AM
Super Moderator

Maybe a little misconception on my part with this thread. Low light conditions aside, my problem the other day was not because it was past legal shooting hours or very low light conditions, not at all. In order to be concealed from these deer in this particular area, the terrain, and the deer coming out to feed in the wheatfield I placed my stand with my back to the field. Only a few decent trees available in order to shoot to the field. Short version is I had to do almost a 180 degrees. I've done this many times in the past successfully but without a peep. May not be explaining the situation well. Anyway, the peep will not be on my hunting bow for the rest of the season and most likely never again.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:54 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: MdDave

sorry for the dumb question but how would you shot with out one... jus have the same anchor point everytime????????
Focus, Daniel san...

I shoot a recurve and have never used a peep, got no use for one when you shoot without a sighting aid.