Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 'Bout stepped on a Rattler >

'Bout stepped on a Rattler

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

'Bout stepped on a Rattler

Old 12-05-2008, 02:47 PM

Default 'Bout stepped on a Rattler

A friend and I were putting out corn today, and as we were walking from one stand to another, he yells from behind me "snake". I turn around to see and it wasn't just any snake, but a canebrake rattler. I had taken my eyes off the trail for 3 seconds and walked rightoverthe rattler that was basking in the sun. Its a wonder how I didn't step on him.
I can't even tell you the last time I'd seen a snake in the woods. But I can tell you one thing, I'll be morecareful to watch every stepfrom now on.
I hope you guys/gals are doing the same. Be safe and g/l closing out the season.
-Brian
Old 12-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 'Bout stepped on a Rattler

They are pretty sluggish this time of the year.... but they always love to ambush corn piles where there are plenty of squirrels and mice and all that good stuff they eat.... easy pickin's.

I've seen a couple easterns diamondbacks in SC thick as my calf muscle. Few of them over 80" long. BIG BIG BIG.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 'Bout stepped on a Rattler

If I found a snake outside right now, I'd be able to pick it up and beat someone with it. It's cold here.