Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

baiting

Old 12-05-2008, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: baiting

To answer the question a cut corn field a deer can walk in the field anywhere you might not get a shot at him. A corn pile a deer will walk straight to it. That's the differance between the two.IMO

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

How is baiting any differnt then hunting over a cut corn field with freshly cut corn all over the ground. Now i am not talking clover food plots and even an uncut field. I am talking dumbing 100 pounds on corn on the ground. Or hunting over corn cut from a field on the grounds. Seems to be about the same thing to me
Old 12-05-2008, 08:20 AM

You are all talking about corn, what about apples? Apple trees do grow indigeniously everywhere and I have found lots of animals in the vicinity.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:22 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

The people you know kill more deer than they should (i.e POACH - by your own admission)...without a home for the meat.....and you turn a blind eye to that.

We have our own definition of "slobness" around here. You're either part of the solution or you're part of the problem......as far as "slobness" goes.
Goodness, I bet I know 100's of hunters. All different. Some slobs,some hardcore, some baiters. You need to get out more than just hunting with people on the internet.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:38 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

I live in Texas where it’s legal to bait. When I hunt, I simply back my truck up with a bed full of corn and hit my cow caller. I’m too lazy to actually dump the corn out of the truck, but it don’t matter, the deer come so fast they fight to get in the back of my truck.Once the dinner bell has been rung, I carefully walk outwith a tape measure and start measuring racks. Key is to be careful, you don’t want to get trampled in the stampede. Ifthe deerare not big enough, I ring the dinner bell a second time. Which has never really happened, because once the corn shows up, the biggest deer in the county come running to my truck. But I keep the idea of calling a second time in the back of my mind just in case my first attempt doesn’t bring out all the Pope and Young’s. If you do ever have to call a second time, watch out, you don’t want to be stomped to death. I am an old salt when it comes to hunting, so I have developed the patience of Job. I’ll give each hunt a full 10 min. until I call it quits. Hell, you don’t think I’m going to stay out all day and hunt. But it really don’t matter, because it has never taken me more than a min. or two to get the deer I want. Once I pick out my deer, I put a collar on him, walk him to my truck, which in its self is a chore. Just imagine, I might have to walk a total of 5 ft. I’m only human. Once I walk my prize to my truck, I take a nap. It wears me out walking that much, so a two hour nap is a must. Once I wake from my nap, I down a case of beer and eat three pound cakes to prepare for the long journey back to the back of my truck. After my snack, I jump out of my truck and fight the deer off so I can get my bow out and shot my prize. I usually keep the shot challenging so I step back a half a foot before I shoot my deer. After my deer is dead, I take a chain saw and cut off the rack and leave the rest of the body. Why keep the deer, I’m beat from hunting all 10 min. You cannot expect me to actually do much more. I then load up the rack and my bow and take another nap. After that nap, I drink a quart of whiskey and eat three cases of Twinkies and head home. When I get home I kick the cat, have more beer and go to bed.
What a crock of crap. Burnie, you are an unethical S.O.B.. Here is how I do it. I refuse to even drive to my hunting grounds. I walk the 75 miles to get there. I do not take any weapons, and simple wear a loin cloth and that is it. When I get to the land, I use my mystic, hunting powers that were obtained after 60 years of transiently meditation while living with Boudist monks. I start my hunt by taking off my loin cloth, so Ill be totally naked. Got to keep it fair, so I can’t have any kinds of cloths. Once I’m butt naked, I slither through the CRP grass like a snake. I will slither around for days and days with no sleep. Once I’ve spotted the deer I want, mind you it takes months of slithering to find him, I will take another month getting in position to take the deer. After a month of stalking the deer, I will set up for the kill. I slither up on the back of the deer and stare it down with a Jedi mind trick. Usually my essences will simply kill the deer out of shear fear, so I usually need not do more. But if I do, I chew on its neck until it dies. After that, I skin and clean the deer. I even butch it in the field with my bare hands and teeth. Again, I want to keep it fair, so all I got to work with is what God gave me. After I get the deer all butchered, I use the bones to make a basket to carry my meat home. This all takes about 6 months. Once this is all complete, I put back on my loin cloth and start walking home.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:41 AM
bigcountry

I live in Texas where it’s legal to bait. When I hunt, I simply back my truck up with a bed full of corn and hit my cow caller. I’m too lazy to actually dump the corn out of the truck, but it don’t matter, the deer come so fast they fight to get in the back of my truck.Once the dinner bell has been rung, I carefully walk outwith a tape measure and start measuring racks. Key is to be careful, you don’t want to get trampled in the stampede. Ifthe deerare not big enough, I ring the dinner bell a second time. Which has never really happened, because once the corn shows up, the biggest deer in the county come running to my truck. But I keep the idea of calling a second time in the back of my mind just in case my first attempt doesn’t bring out all the Pope and Young’s. If you do ever have to call a second time, watch out, you don’t want to be stomped to death. I am an old salt when it comes to hunting, so I have developed the patience of Job. I’ll give each hunt a full 10 min. until I call it quits. Hell, you don’t think I’m going to stay out all day and hunt. But it really don’t matter, because it has never taken me more than a min. or two to get the deer I want. Once I pick out my deer, I put a collar on him, walk him to my truck, which in its self is a chore. Just imagine, I might have to walk a total of 5 ft. I’m only human. Once I walk my prize to my truck, I take a nap. It wears me out walking that much, so a two hour nap is a must. Once I wake from my nap, I down a case of beer and eat three pound cakes to prepare for the long journey back to the back of my truck. After my snack, I jump out of my truck and fight the deer off so I can get my bow out and shot my prize. I usually keep the shot challenging so I step back a half a foot before I shoot my deer. After my deer is dead, I take a chain saw and cut off the rack and leave the rest of the body. Why keep the deer, I’m beat from hunting all 10 min. You cannot expect me to actually do much more. I then load up the rack and my bow and take another nap. After that nap, I drink a quart of whiskey and eat three cases of Twinkies and head home. When I get home I kick the cat, have more beer and go to bed.
What a crock of crap. Burnie, you are an unethical S.O.B.. Here is how I do it. I refuse to even drive to my hunting grounds. I walk the 75 miles to get there. I do not take any weapons, and simple wear a loin cloth and that is it. When I get to the land, I use my mystic, hunting powers that were obtained after 60 years of transiently meditation while living with Boudist monks. I start my hunt by taking off my loin cloth, so Ill be totally naked. Got to keep it fair, so I can’t have any kinds of cloths. Once I’m butt naked, I slither through the CRP grass like a snake. I will slither around for days and days with no sleep. Once I’ve spotted the deer I want, mind you it takes months of slithering to find him, I will take another month getting in position to take the deer. After a month of stalking the deer, I will set up for the kill. I slither up on the back of the deer and stare it down with a Jedi mind trick. Usually my essences will simply kill the deer out of shear fear, so I usually need not do more. But if I do, I chew on its neck until it dies. After that, I skin and clean the deer. I even butch it in the field with my bare hands and teeth. Again, I want to keep it fair, so all I got to work with is what God gave me. After I get the deer all butchered, I use the bones to make a basket to carry my meat home. This all takes about 6 months. Once this is all complete, I put back on my loin cloth and start walking home.
Kent are you saying your upset that some don't approve of baiting?

Old 12-05-2008, 08:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Did you just call yourself out?[&:][8D]

Some my not like this, but I feel just like hunters who don't bait. There are good bait hunters and poor bait hunters. IMO to bait correctly is truly an art form. Using bait rasies the succes rate a whole 2% for archery, OMG 2%
Old 12-05-2008, 08:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I know it has been beat to death. just got in my head. I have no proplem with bait as long as it is legal. I do not see a food plot as bait but cut corn on the ground is another story. Let me know when your ready to mail me the bag of corn.
ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Congratulations! You're the millionth poster to address baiting.......this year!

You've won a bag of corn......and everybody knows that's all you need to kill deer.

You're set!

But to answer your question.....One makes people feel superior to his fellow hunters. The first time I see a corn stalk growing in the wild, indigenously.....I'll change my views on it NOT being an artificial food source (which would define bait, .....wouldn't it?).

The difference in a corn field and baiting is......one guy was nice enough to shell it for the deer. In the case of the cut corn field. Heck.....they BOTH were!
Old 12-05-2008, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt an overgrown pear orchard during the early season. That is without a doubt the most difficult place to kill a deer that I've ever hunted. Pears on the ground and the trees EVERYWHERE. You think you've got them patterned and the deer decide to eat on the other end of the property. This is 55 acres of hunting heaven, or so it appears. I've killed 3 deer there in the last 17 years. Very tough hunting. Maybe if I had a bag of corn....[8D]
Old 12-05-2008, 09:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Lol. Just getting involved in the pissing contest. Didnt want to upset anyone, so I am playing sybil.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:11 AM
bigcountry

Lol. Just getting involved in the pissing contest. Didnt want to upset anyone, so I am playing sybil.
There are other ways to jump in the game. You could post a picture that depicts someone in a negative manner. You could divert people attention to physical flaws or make fun of thier family.

Why beat up on yourself. You just get hurt and it scares people.

Quick Reply: baiting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.