Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

baiting

Old 12-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: baiting

I could really care less about what people think about how i hunt. so i am not getting offened.
ORIGINAL: bigcountry

But all this talk about elitist and all got me thinking. My wise old grandfather always said it takes two to fight. He was right. Why do all you guys who bait get offended? Why not be like Kent (burnie) and don't give a hoot if someone thinks its slob hunting. If no one got offended, no one would be called an elitist.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Dont know what you mean, Kelly. I was saying I'd post up wahoo's comment.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry...I didn't understand that...I've edited.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:21 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

One day i saw 18 deer out my back window a once. Every morning i would see aleast 10 when i ate breakfest. Though most of them were there before the corn. i had it out to help my hunting and help feed the deer.
I only hunted my little chunk of land twice that year. I was clearing some of it off and readying it for the next season when i moved.
It worked and they where there all hours of the day. Though there was not much for 10 miles for food out sde berries and so on in the woods. No farming no nothing but hay.

I will tell you this though i can not bait now because indiana is a no bait state i did in Ky. Year round 2 50 pound bags of corn every week for over a year and half. If i shot a deer buck or doe from a bait pile i would not even tell one guy on here it was from bait.
So all that bait, in Ky, how did it work out for you? Did you kill some booners?
Where you lived there, the deer does not need help being fed. But the question I asked was did you kill any big bucks? Yes?

Old 12-06-2008, 04:22 PM
bigcountry

I could really care less about what people think about how i hunt. so i am not getting offened.

But all this talk about elitist and all got me thinking. My wise old grandfather always said it takes two to fight. He was right. Why do all you guys who bait get offended? Why not be like Kent (burnie) and don't give a hoot if someone thinks its slob hunting. If no one got offended, no one would be called an elitist.
Umm, okie dokey

Old 12-06-2008, 05:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

NO but i did not kill a deer that year any where. I saw alot more deer when i set out the corn. I think the reason i did not kill one was because i started target shooting on the property not to far from the corn and where the deer would come up at. i think the shooting ran them off.

One day i saw 18 deer out my back window a once. Every morning i would see aleast 10 when i ate breakfest. Though most of them were there before the corn. i had it out to help my hunting and help feed the deer.
I only hunted my little chunk of land twice that year. I was clearing some of it off and readying it for the next season when i moved.
It worked and they where there all hours of the day. Though there was not much for 10 miles for food out sde berries and so on in the woods. No farming no nothing but hay.

I will tell you this though i can not bait now because indiana is a no bait state i did in Ky. Year round 2 50 pound bags of corn every week for over a year and half. If i shot a deer buck or doe from a bait pile i would not even tell one guy on here it was from bait.
So all that bait, in Ky, how did it work out for you? Did you kill some booners?
Where you lived there, the deer does not need help being fed. But the question I asked was did you kill any big bucks? Yes?
Old 12-06-2008, 10:53 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

What kills me is......people will raise holy hell at the first hint of someone even hinting at being an "eltitist" and not being accepting of their choices of weapons to hunt with.

Then these same folks would rather run around the block to tell the guy who's employing a legal method of taking game (baiting) that he's doing something unethical.....or that his kills don't mean as much as theirs......than they would to stand still and be accepting of another hunter.

Utter hypocrisy. Next time someone mentions "location".....and someone's panties get in a bunch....thinking his "accomplishments are being diminished"....remember this post. How do you think the man who baits feels, right now?
I really don't care how you get your deer as long as legal.Baiting isn't the same as hunting crop land...just as hunting big woods isn't the same as hunting crop land or bait piles.

Driving deer isn't the same as stalking or hunting out of a stand. We don't feel a need to compare them. Why do we need to compare baiting ?? That one kills me.It is anothermethod of legally taking deer in some states (mine included ). Let it stand on it's own merit. Quit making excuses... it is what it is. Be proud to be a baiter !!

Tim

Old 12-06-2008, 10:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tim I just hope the baiters dont get to ole 4x5 until either you or I get a whack at him!
Old 12-06-2008, 10:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TJF

What kills me is......people will raise holy hell at the first hint of someone even hinting at being an "eltitist" and not being accepting of their choices of weapons to hunt with.

Then these same folks would rather run around the block to tell the guy who's employing a legal method of taking game (baiting) that he's doing something unethical.....or that his kills don't mean as much as theirs......than they would to stand still and be accepting of another hunter.

Utter hypocrisy. Next time someone mentions "location".....and someone's panties get in a bunch....thinking his "accomplishments are being diminished"....remember this post. How do you think the man who baits feels, right now?
I really don't care how you get your deer as long as legal.Baiting isn't the same as hunting crop land...just as hunting big woods isn't the same as hunting crop land or bait piles.

Driving deer isn't the same as stalking or hunting out of a stand. We don't feel a need to compare them. Why do we need to compare baiting ?? That one kills me.It is anothermethod of legally taking deer in some states (mine included ). Let it stand on it's own merit. Quit making excuses... it is what it is. Be proud to be a baiter !!

Tim

Thats gospel right there from the Master Baiter. Tim demands it.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:07 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

ORIGINAL: TJF

Tim

Thats gospel right there from the Master Baiter. Tim demands it.
While I don'tbait deer... Ihavebeen known to use bait for trapping and fishing. I still demand respect though...OLD MAN!! [8D]

Tim

Quick Reply: baiting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.