Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone on Dialysis and still go hunting? >

Anyone on Dialysis and still go hunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone on Dialysis and still go hunting?

Old 12-03-2008, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default Anyone on Dialysis and still go hunting?

I went into the hospital on monday, didn't get out til this evening. Two sessions of dialysis later...and i'm feeling pretty good. I was trying to hold out til my transplant in january, no deal!

I'm just worried about being tired and not able to hunt. Anyone else on dialysis 3 days a week and still have the energy to hunt?
Old 12-03-2008, 06:22 PM

Default RE: Anyone on Dialysis and still go hunting?

Jeez man. I wish you well and hope everything works out good for you.

I have no clue about you going hunting. If you feel good and the doc says it's cool then go.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:02 PM
Banned

I hope you get along OK and keep your chin up. Hunt if you feel up to it would be my suggestion..be careful in extreme cold,,as anyone should.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear that.

If you do so, be careful. Let family and friends know where you are going, and when you plan to return (as one should anyway). Best of luck in everything.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Best wishes to you. I hope you stay safe AND kill the buck of your dreams this yr.
Don't push your luck though...... here in MB they just found a guy dead in the bush from medical reasons.
Stay safe
Old 12-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Fork Horn

I went the first day of bow season with strep throat but man ur a real badass!!! Take care
Old 12-03-2008, 09:37 PM
Fork Horn

hey bud, im a critical care RN, There is no reason you cant hunt and have HD. Fact is you will be beat after a treatment, BUT that feeling wont last forever, the days between treatments you would be able to hunt. You just really need to NOT hunt on days you dont feel well, or if you notice and swelling of your extremities. Goodluck and if you have any other questions on this feel free to PM me, my mother has been a HD nurse for over 20 years, and I deal with HD alot in the ICU I work in.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck Hoyt. We had a guy working with us that was on dialysis waiting for a kidney transplant. A couple of days a week the guy would have real good energy after a session. I know you can hunt at least 2 times a week but just like everyone else said, on the days you feel iffy or bad, stay home and do not push it. We need you on the lease for next year!
Old 12-04-2008, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks fellas, I was just curious if anyone else was experiencing it...since this was my first round of dialysis. I plan on trying to hunt, the days i feel up to it, but i've killed two nice 8 ptrs this year, so i can't complain. After my transplant, i should be good to go for next year! Just gotta get through this month of dialysis. Don't worry Shadow, I plan on being on the lease for next year!

It really sucks being on dialysis, I dunno how anyone does it for years on end.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck with the transplant, you must already have a donor lined up.
My Mom went thru dialysis but fortunately only for a few months before a donor was found for her. She's about 15 months since her transplant and doing well. I wish you the best.

Quick Reply: Anyone on Dialysis and still go hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.