Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any Help? (pic)

Old 12-03-2008, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Any Help? (pic)

There is a bruiser using this piece(the island in particular) however it has proven pretty tricky to hunt. Green represents cut beans/winterwheat, stars represents areas I would like to bowhunt, white lines represent possible entry exit routes, blue area would represent North wind direction but we it varies quite a bit. The pockets where the stars are-are locatedon the edge line where the marsh meets the woods and are torn up with sign, the island was (as of 3 weeks ago) torn up with really good rubs and scrapes. The one time I hunted in here this seasonI may have blown it as I took a shortcut between the island and the woods and and a single doe came out of the island and headed back to the western most star and into the woods. Yellow lines represent nothing justthe area I am focused on and the landowner allows no hunting in the actual field(house is at the front of it). The big block of woods where the wind arrow is holds a lot of does but I'm pretty sure the buck is using the island as his hideout. No real pressure from others as it is quite a hike throughthe marsh and very noisy. I was thinking of maybe canoeing in behind the island(very quiet) and just setting in there all day if I get a good wind.

Anything stand out to anyone.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any Help? (pic)

The canoe thing is your best route to go IMO Good luck
Old 12-04-2008, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I posted this yesterday evening, but I wanted to bring it back this morning as the forum is usually a little busier. Another thing I thought I'd mention is the blue wind arrow points at a line you can just make out. That is a bush-hogged path and itrunsSW toNE all the wayto the field and turns and runs NWparallel to the field edge. I don't have a ton of marsh experience yet so I thought I'd ask (I have watched Hunting Marsh Bucks, good stuff).
Old 12-04-2008, 09:39 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-04-2008, 10:36 AM
Dominant Buck

NEW I wouldn't worry about one deer busting me.....1. It's a doe (ONE doe). 2. You weren't in a hunting spot.

I won't comment on the S side of the woodlot you think he's in....because I don't know if he's crossing that creek to eat. What I do know (from what you've told us) is....the does are using the upper wwodlot (N).

They will continue to chase and rut here until our closer.

So....N wind....I like the red dots I picked. No epiphany. They're mostly in funeels and an inside corner. As the season winded down.....I might even get a little more aggressive in the lot he's in. Nothing to lose, right?

Good luck.

Old 12-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like those spots Jeff, I took a buck in 06 with my bow and 07 with my bp right where your red dot is by the blue arrow. This area isgreat andI really want to see if I can find the big boy. I wasn't too worried about the doe except for the fact that at that point the bucks were after them hard and I honestly feel like he she was laying in that island with him and Ispooked herout and he held tight(just a guess), she ended up coming back across the marsh and going to the backside of the island about an hour later. I just really don't want him to know I'm looking for him.

Calling for NE winds Sat morning, I'm probably going to be on that point between the 2 stars.