Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you guys feel right? >

Would you guys feel right?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you guys feel right?

Old 12-02-2008, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Would you guys feel right?

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

I am hunting tomorrow morning and it will be a beautiful sunrise.
Good luck shadow.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:48 AM
Dominant Buck

I sense I'm in the smoking section.

Schultzy.....I see you lurking. Is it "elitism" to think that a trad kill is no more an accomplishment than a compound kill? That acompound kill is no more an accomplishment than a gun kill? Is that mindset mildly (or majorly..I don't know) insulting to you?

Personally, with as many different categories we have, I don't really care to see anything crossed over into a place it really shouldn't be. It happens all the time, but even though I feel this way, I am not going to lose any sleep or care that much about it.
I feel the same way as Rybo....and can assure you I'm not losing any sleep, either. I asked a simple question (seemingly).
Old 12-02-2008, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I could care less Jeff. I have compound buddy's, shotgun buddy's, rifle buddy's. When I 1st joined up on HNI the "bow hunting forum" to me was considered a compound forum and when some of the Traditional guys (myself Included) would say something they had no merit and In some cases they'd get attacked by the wheely guys. I think It was more Insecurity on some people's part then anything. The "bow hunting forum" to me has Improved Incredibly on that part since.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is no gun hunting specific forum. The Deer Hunting Forum is commonly accepted as such but it is not firearm specific and you can see bow kills there all season.

If anyone should be saying something it should be gun hunters, can they have their own weapon specific forum without having to worry about encroaching bowhunters wantingcongrats for their bowkills?
Old 12-02-2008, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I sense I'm in the smoking section.
No, Jeff, you are in a forum full of guys who are telling you how they feel and because it does not line up with your way of thinking, you digress to sarcasm, as usual.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

i dont see anything wrong with it
Old 12-02-2008, 09:54 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I feel the same way as Rybo....and can assure you I'm not losing any sleep, either. I asked a simple question (seemingly).
I have a feeling you lose sleep over most things. You know of those people who always thinks the stove is on or something.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:57 AM
Dominant Buck

LT STOP IT!

Sarcasm isn't a bad thing. I meant no malice. ALL I meant (and you know it)....is I think I'm amongst a bunch of guys who use multiple weapons. Stop being so inflammatory. It's not warranted.

I'd still like to hear from some hardcore trad guys......some hardcore bow only )compound guys), too. I'd like to see if they feel like you guys do.....that all kills are equal accomplishments.

Schultzy....if you feel this way....why do you shoot trad?

BigCountry....I just like getting your thong in a bunch. It's so easy.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff, I really think you are way off base here. I mean when it comes down to it, hunting is hunting and while some methods offer more challenge, it is still hunting. Hunters are suppose be (or at least should be IMHO) a big family. If one member of that family wants to shoot a deer with a rifle, a shotgun, a ML, who really cares? In the last few years, I have seen bowhunters really start looking down their noses at other methods of hunting and I really think it is crap! I have bowhunting for over 25 years and it is still my favorite. However, I killed a nice doe this year with my ML during our shotgun season and I loved every minute of that hunt.

I don't know if it offends you, or you if you are looking down your nose at hunters who use anything other than a bow, but I have ask why would/should one care how another person hunts or if they share their story here or not? I see a ton of post on here that don't have anything to do with bowhunting. It might be posts about trucks, or the famous post your hottie thread. If you don't want to read it, don't.

Someone compared this to a person going on a guided hunt. I for one, am way more offended when a guy comes on here and posts their giant they killed with an outfitter than I ever would be if someone came on here and posts their giant they killed with a gun on a DYI hunt. At least that person "hunted" their trophy, not just dished out some cash, showed up to camp and went where the guide pointed to. However, if I see a post on an outfitted hunt, I don't complain or question if it should be here, I just move onto the next post.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why do I hunt with a Traditional bow?

1. It's simple equipment, not much to go wrong.
2. The challenge Is Incredible.
3. The thrill Is 100 times more then what my compound gave me.
4. When I recover an animal taken with my recurve, the feeling Is over whelming and almost emotionable. I felt that before with my compound but nothing close to this!!
5. It's me and who I am, It fits my style of hunting.

Quick Reply: Would you guys feel right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.