Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you guys feel right? >

Would you guys feel right?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you guys feel right?

Old 12-02-2008, 09:28 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Would you guys feel right?

ORIGINAL: Rick James

Doesn't bother me in the least. The guys here that contribute to the bow specific forum, that I feel I have somewhat of a friendship with.......I'm curious to know how their season is going outside of bowhunting as well, but no so curious that I'm going to ever look in the "Deer Hunting" forum. This is the forum I visit. If they shoot a buck with a gun and want to share with the guys they are friends with here in bowhunting where they spend most of their time and contribute, that's fine with me.

I love to bowhunt and it's definitely my preference, but still carry a gun 2-3 times a year, so maybe my opinion is a bit biased. I look at it like any other cool accomplishment in life one may want to share with their friends here, and no different than someone posting about getting married, getting a new dog, etc.....

JMHO.

AGREED.

Who cares? It really is a non-issue in my mind.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Hear me out.....

Let's use ......NYBowhunter as an example (I didn't ask him....but his season comes to mind).

He's hunted EVERY DAY.....and he's dedicated his season to a particular class animal. He's, at this point, empty-handed as far as a buck is concerned.

Hunter "B" dropped his bow at the first sign of ML and rifle seasons......and comes into the bowhutning forum to post up his rifle kill and to receive the accolades for his accomplishment/share it with his friends.

Now I could be WAYyyy off base here.....but NY's still BOWHUNTING.....and this is, in reality, HIS forum. Do you think he (and again....this is for example, only) might get offended?

I don't think his dedication is appreciated when deer taken by other weapons are put on the same level as his (in HIS forum).

If I'm wrong.....I'm wrong. Open my eyes. NYBowhunter had no idea I was going to use him as an example. So....you could insert anyone in a similar circumstance into that slot.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

We could compare it to shooting a deer with a rifle v. shooting it with the bow.....if you want to.
No, the rifle has so much more range than just an additional 15/20 yds. Nowhere near equal.

I will buy a trad bow Jeff, soon. I will practice with it religiously until I am good. I will kill a deer with it next season if the shot presents itself. I did this with my compound. I did it years ago with a shotgun. I did it years ago with a rifle. I will do it with trad bow. You, of all people know how hard it is to get a good buck in compound bow range and pull off the shot successfully. Right? So, until those posting pictures of their "other" kills, get better and use equip. harder to harvest animals with, with should just put them in the corner forum labeled "unaccomplished hunters". BS

Equal accomplishments means 2 deer on the ground. Equal proficiency with each weapon and tactics.

Elitism, you are right, says "I did it with this, and that is harder than what you did with yours". In essence, by me not allowing someone else to brag, in "my" forum, I am saying the one accomplishment is less or does not belong.(Derogatory)

LT
Old 12-02-2008, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really don't see it any different as people posting in the bowhunting forum about shooting 3D/ dots. Many of us don't give a rats ass about shooting paper, but its allowed.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Edit** - [8D]

Old 12-02-2008, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Hear me out.....

Let's use ......NYBowhunter as an example (I didn't ask him....but his season comes to mind).

He's hunted EVERY DAY.....and he's dedicated his season to a particular class animal. He's, at this point, empty-handed as far as a buck is concerned.

Hunter "B" dropped his bow at the first sign of ML and rifle seasons......and comes into the bowhutning forum to post up his rifle kill and to receive the accolades for his accomplishment/share it with his friends.

Now I could be WAYyyy off base here.....but NY's still BOWHUNTING.....and this is, in reality, HIS forum. Do you think he (and again....this is for example, only) might get offended?

I don't think his dedication is appreciated when deer taken by other weapons are put on the same level as his (in HIS forum).

If I'm wrong.....I'm wrong. Open my eyes. NYBowhunter had no idea I was going to use him as an example. So....you could insert anyone in a similar circumstance into that slot.
Simple answer, no I don't think most would get offended or feel their dedication is unappreciated, but obiously some(at least 1)would feel that way.

Maybe we should stop posting pics of guided hunt bowkills because I don't think the do it you selfers and public land guys are feeling appreciated for their dedication. Seems equally as silly to me.

Lets stop using examples.

Do YOU fell offended and unappreciated GMMAT?
Is that what this is about?
Old 12-02-2008, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am hunting tomorrow morning and it will be a beautiful sunrise.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:45 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Would you guys feel right posting your (or your dad's.....or your firend's.....or your sister's bothers uncle's)compound bowkills in the traditional bowhunting forum?

Do they belong there, ever?

Why or why not?

This isn't a tough question....and it doesn't have to be argumentative.

After seeing your thousands upon thousands of questions on this forum. I am still shocked that you have to ask some questions. It just amazes me.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rick James

Doesn't bother me in the least. The guys here that contribute to the bow specific forum, that I feel I have somewhat of a friendship with.......I'm curious to know how their season is going outside of bowhunting as well, but not so curious that I'm going to ever look in the "Deer Hunting" forum. This is the subforum I visit on HNI. If they shoot a buck with a gun and want to share with the guys they are friends with here in bowhunting where they spend most of their time and contribute, that's fine with me, and I appreciate the update.

I love to bowhunt and it's definitely my preference, but still carry a gun 2-3 times a year, so maybe my opinion is a bit biased.I look at it like any other cool accomplishment in life one may want to share with their friends here, and no different than someone posting about getting married, getting a new dog, etc.....

JMHO.
Good post RJ.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Personally, with as many different categories we have, I don't really care to see anything crossed over into a place it really shouldn't be. It happens all the time, but even though I feel this way, I am not going to lose any sleep or care that much about it.

Quick Reply: Would you guys feel right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.