Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you guys feel right? >

Would you guys feel right?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you guys feel right?

Old 12-02-2008, 08:50 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Would you guys feel right?

When someone shows me a picture of a dead deer... to me it is just that... a dead deer. I don't care whether it was hit by a truck, killed with a self-made recurve, shot at 800 yards with a 338-378, or snuck up on and knifed... its still just a dead deer.
Fair enough. If that's the way you see it.

Man...some of you guys have some vivid imaginations.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:52 AM
Fork Horn

I think we should try to keep posts under their respective topics but if that doesn't happen then its not too big a deal as long as its not an often occurence
Old 12-02-2008, 08:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Personally, I come to the Bowhunting Forum to see Bowhunting/Archery related stuff. I don'tparticularly like or care to be surpirsedby opening a topic that starts with "I know this is the bowhunting forum, but.....".
Old 12-02-2008, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

A picture is just a show of accomplishment/goal attainment/brag in my opinion. Why people post where they do and what they do is no ones business but their own. (Unless the mods of the forum want to change it) If no one minds the pictures, then no one gets their feelings hurt. What was the point of this thread again?[8D]

LT
Old 12-02-2008, 08:59 AM

I just like seeing other peoples' success in deer hunting. I spend more of my time on this site so if I can see more success stories here without having to go somewhere else then thats great. As long as it is a legal way of hunting, gun, c/bow, trad/bow,crossbow,m/l, baiting, not-baiting,running dogs etc.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:03 AM
Dominant Buck

I guess I should have asked how many of the people responding use multiple weapons (compounds/pistol/ML/rifle/etc...). I'm sure that would skew some replies.

If I'm a smoker.....and another smoker lights up.....I certainly wouldn't be as put-off as the non smoker beside me is.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well maybe there should be a Firearm Hunting Forum. That way the bow only guys couldn't post there without scrutiny.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do not know about the rest here, but I am a Bow only hunter "now". I intend to get a trad bow soon. A bow is a bow in the hands of a good archer, whether compound or trad. (As long as said archer has become proficient with his choice of weapon) The only real difference I see is speed/Draw Weight/KE (Most have to be a little closer to their animal with trad. equip. That being said, if you are good enough shot with your trad bow, you probably already know how to do the rest (getting close) through hunting with a compound. I for one shoot 30/35 yds max with a compound. Almost all I have shot were less than 20 yds. Is the trad bow a bigger accomplishment? Not in my eyes. Is the compound less of an accomplishment? Not in my eyes. Elitism is a bad attitude.

LT
Old 12-02-2008, 09:23 AM
Dominant Buck

Is the trad bow a bigger accomplishment? Not in my eyes. Is the compound less of an accomplishment? Not in my eyes. Elitism is a bad attitude.
"Elitism" is an inflammatory suggestion. Where did that come from?

I'd only ask you to re-adress the above statement after you've bought a trad bow and shot it for a while. Then re-adress it after you hunt with it.

I haven't killed a thing with mine. But I won't lie and say the compound (in my eye) is an "equal accomplishment". There's nothing "elitism" about that. Wouldn't it have to be derogatory in lieu of appreciatory (comments) to be labeled as "elitist"?

We could compare it to shooting a deer with a rifle v. shooting it with the bow.....if you want to.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Doesn't bother me in the least. The guys here that contribute to the bow specific forum, that I feel I have somewhat of a friendship with.......I'm curious to know how their season is going outside of bowhunting as well, but not so curious that I'm going to ever look in the "Deer Hunting" forum. This is the subforum I visit on HNI. If they shoot a buck with a gun and want to share with the guys they are friends with here in bowhunting where they spend most of their time and contribute, that's fine with me, and I appreciate the update.

I love to bowhunt and it's definitely my preference, but still carry a gun 2-3 times a year, so maybe my opinion is a bit biased.I look at it like any other cool accomplishment in life one may want to share with their friends here, and no different than someone posting about getting married, getting a new dog, etc.....

JMHO.

Quick Reply: Would you guys feel right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.