Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you guys feel right? >

Would you guys feel right?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you guys feel right?

Old 12-02-2008, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Would you guys feel right?

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Do you think the people who aren't your buddies (but are also forum members and hardcore traditional bowhunters) could take it as a slap in the face?

I look at it like this.... there is no requirement for anyone to read any post. If someone feels that they are required or should read every single post on the board then I suggest they try the following:

1) Build a Bridge

And

2) Get over it

If someone is taking the success of other members of the forum as a slap in the face, then they likely have some very deep and disturbing inner turmoil and should seek the help of a state licensed professional to deal with those feelings in a natural and healthy manner.

The great thing bout these boards is that you can reflect a little bit of your true personality. Frankly, one duck season opens, I'm pretty much done with bowhunting... but that doesn't mean I'm suddenly not a bowhunter anymore. Its still always in my mind. And its bowhunting and archery that keep a roof over my head and keep the bills paid around here. There are plenty of folks who partake in several different forms of outdoor recreation. If we were so uninviting to people to share their positive outdoor expereinces on HNI.... then I doubt it would remain as popular as it is.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:13 AM
Site Buck Guru

This is something that I lose no sleep over. It's all hunting and I like seeing the animals that people take. But we've been told to try to keep the postings weapon specific by posting a link to the proper forum. That is what I try to do.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:17 AM
Dominant Buck

If someone is taking the success of other members of the forum as a slap in the face, then they likely have some very deep and disturbing inner turmoil and should seek the help of a state licensed professional to deal with those feelings in a natural and healthy manner.
So you define "success" equally.....no matter the manner of taking? You think the majority of the guys in the trad. forum (for example) feel the same way? I'm talking about the guys who don't shoot compounds.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:26 AM
Fork Horn

This goes back to elitism IMO. Does it honestly matter?
Old 12-02-2008, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are more posts in the "Bowhunting" forum that have absolutely nothing at all to do with bowhunting than there are about bowhunting. Why single out a few?
Old 12-02-2008, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I couldn't care less if a member posts a successful hunt pic that wasn't a bowkill. Just like I don't care about all the other pointless threads that are not bowhunting related that you can find on here most any day. I will sometimes posta picof an exceptional buck so others can take a lookat what the area I hunt produces, kind of a location thing I guess.

I can't imagine somone being offended by a pic of a gun kill, but that's just me, I admittedly am not hung up on just bowhunting.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:31 AM
Site Buck Guru

So you define "success" equally.....no matter the manner of taking? You think the majority of the guys in the trad. forum (for example) feel the same way? I'm talking about the guys who don't shoot compounds.
I like seeing peoples animals. I don't care what they killed it with. If a guy told me that my trophy was of less importance or less of a success than his because he shot his with a recurve, I'd have to give him a sack punch! [:-]

This is where elitism starts.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: StrikeTrue

This goes back to elitism IMO. Does it honestly matter?
My way is harder(in my mind)therefore better.

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

There are more posts in the "Bowhunting" forum that have absolutely nothing at all to do with bowhunting than there are about bowhunting. Why single out a few?

Ding...ding...ding....Why??
Old 12-02-2008, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes I do.

Success is really just the attainment of a personal goal. Success is equal... yes it is... it is a binary state, just like a lightswitch... you have either attained your goal... or not.

When someone shows me a picture of a dead deer... to me it is just that... a dead deer. I don't care whether it was hit by a truck, killed with a self-made recurve, shot at 800 yards with a 338-378, or snuck up on and knifed... its still just a dead deer. The success of the hunt is 100% found with the hunter who took that deer. They can share their story, and I can appreciate their struggle or not... but the success is still theirs.

If you are a traditional bow hunter (which I am in the process of being... having been shooting quite frequently for the past three years), that is up to you. You are not some higher being for killing a deer with a recurve or a longbow. It doesn't make you any more successful or enlightened (unless you have an inferiority complex... and in that case refer to my quoted statement above). It is a goal you have set for yourself. The difficulty of your goal will reflect itself in the sweetness of your own success.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:35 AM
Typical Buck

Who gives a rats ass? If something that petty bothers someone they need to seriously get a life and get away from this website.

Quick Reply: Would you guys feel right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.