Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Gonna be a tough grueling day tomorrow >

Gonna be a tough grueling day tomorrow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gonna be a tough grueling day tomorrow

Old 12-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Gonna be a tough grueling day tomorrow

Well our season is out for a week. My last week and a half the buck sightings have really tapered off but im still seeing some bucks and Does but they have tapered off to, and they are skiddish since the lead has been flying all around us. My theory is the bucks and some Does have gone in Deep into the big woods i hunt. I hunt the flat part mostly as the strip mine hilly part is a bear to hunt. So, tomorrow ill be armed with three hang ons and some climbing sticks. I have three places in mind for sets but they are deep, and its going to be rough. I have to un hang them firstwhere they are now. [&:]But in the end it just may be worth it. time to step outside of the box
Old 12-01-2008, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gonna be a tough grueling day tomorrow

Good luck to ya. Im looking forward to Indiana's late archery season too. Deer sightings in general have tapered off ever since gun season, so hopefully things get better.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Gonna be a tough grueling day tomorrow

Well good luck to ya I just got in and managed hanging two stands. Im beat []One is in a giant pine where two strip pits create a funnel and its way back from the road, thedeer are using this to stage, and funnel toward a cut corn field. There are fresh scrapes and rubs. This is the spot last week a real nice 8 heard me drawing and busted. I was in a climber and there was only one tree i could climb. It was to small so the new set looks great in the big pine. The other set is WAY back ,but most of the walk is on an abandoned quad trail. Its a 20 minute walk to get to the stand. There is a small strip of woods divided on one side by a power line cut out, and another quad trail on the other side. It is strip mine hills but there is a flat that cuts through it between the hills and the deer are using the heck out of it.Thereare freshRubs everywhere and some are dandys. There is also one fresh scrape. Im in another pine tree. Cant wait for the second season as im excited about these areas and dont have to pack my climber into the areas. what is every ones
late season stratigies??
ORIGINAL: bowmanaj

Good luck to ya. Im looking forward to Indiana's late archery season too. Deer sightings in general have tapered off ever since gun season, so hopefully things get better.