Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Am I really done? >

Am I really done?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Am I really done?

Old 12-01-2008, 04:01 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Am I really done?

The family I donate meat to got another deer today....compliments of our very own iamyourhuckleberry.

They said they thought they had enough in the freezer to last them through the season, now (as others have also given them venison). I have two of my own in the freezer.....and I just don't know if I wanna pay to have another deer processed....just to give it away.

So.....unless someone says they need one......I think I might be done.....with 3 weeks still left in the season.

Weird.[&:]
Old 12-01-2008, 04:03 PM
New Sheriff

Default RE: Am I really done?

Can you process it yourself and then give it away?
Old 12-01-2008, 04:07 PM
Dominant Buck

Ya know....I didn' think of that. I DO have neighbors who would like some venison. That's a great thought.

That was simple, huh?[&:]
Old 12-01-2008, 04:13 PM
New Sheriff

I'm glad I got you thru these tough times
Old 12-01-2008, 04:13 PM

there are sooo many people that want meat all the time, never an issue if i don't have room in my freezer, then again, i don't freeze it much anyway, it pretty much gets eaten shortly after the kill.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks, mr4....

Whewww! That was close!
Old 12-01-2008, 04:16 PM

First, kudos to you for donating the meat instead of wasting it. Can the person you give the deer to pay for processing? Seems like a small price for all that venison. The price for processing in my area averages about $60/deer. Not sure what it is by you. If I didn't/couldn't hunt, I would gladly pay the $60.

Old 12-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I told myself I was done I'd be lying to myself. The itch will hit, you will hunt. I probably gave away 250lbs of meat so far this season. It costover a grand in fuel bills to date just to give it away. I probably spent 100hrs hunting, skinning, quartering,and deboning all my deer.It is "the cost of doing business." I'll be in business til the state shuts me down.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:24 PM
Dominant Buck

Vito you make a good point. I need to make a call or two. I know some people who would probably like to at least split a deer or two.

Honestly....I'd split one more with someone....and we're talking $50, here. Last three weeks will probably see me in observation stands, honestly. No reason to go to places I know deer travel. I've got an entire ridge I haven't stepped onto.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm done, because I still have a cold and the season ends Sunday. Besides that, I have 2 in the freezer. More than I need. Last night our power went off for several hours. I started going into my panic mode about loosing it all.4 or 5 years ago we were without power in Maryland for 7 days and I did loose it all.

My 65 year old student shot his 3rd deer of the year with my old Darton today. He's got a petting zoo going on with a lot of animals around. He ran 3 or 4 off from in front of his stand when he went in. 20 minutes later 2 more came out and he nailed one at 25 yards. Not bad for a rookie bowhunter to whack 3 his first year out. I know he's never going to give me back my bow.[&:] I think I should send him an invoice for lessons, used equipment and lodging. LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.