Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Davidmil Just got the ol' buckmaster noggin concerned... >

Davidmil Just got the ol' buckmaster noggin concerned...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Davidmil Just got the ol' buckmaster noggin concerned...

Old 11-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Davidmil Just got the ol' buckmaster noggin concerned...

ORIGINAL: davidmil

WEll hell, do what you want then. I can go online and find a ton of places to say avoid water and now someone wants to say they have dry water. Do what you want, it's your meat.
I've been laughing non-stop for over 30 sec. Are you getting grumpy now that your sick Dave??

IAhunter, sure they dry off. I don't think you have to tell us that common sense. It's what is going on with the meat while it's wet is what we are trying to tell you. Wet meat is a petri dish for bacteria. Plain and simple.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Doesnt it die after you freeze it and then cook it though?
Old 11-30-2008, 11:33 PM

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Water never touches mine. The meat comes off the deer and onto fresh wax paper. Then it goes into the vaccume seal bags and in the freezer. I rinse and clean it up good (remove excess silver skin, fat etc.) before cooking.
Honest question...what is the difference in rinsing and cleaning the meat before you freeze it rather than after?
Old 11-30-2008, 11:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

As long as you immediately freeze it I would say it doesn't make a difference. I know mine doesn't touch water until minutes before cooking.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

I had to drag all 4 of my deer thru a creek that was a foot deep in some instances and the carcass was submerged for the 2 or 3 seconds it took to get it across. Other than that I don't water it down but rather let the dried blood preserve the meat.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:28 AM
Dominant Buck

You guys want me to tell you what they do with beef at an abbatoir? My grandpa ran one for 40 years.....up until the mid 80's.

I never saw a sideof beef that didn't get rinsed before it went into the cooler to hang/age. What kinda bacteria grows in those cool temps? Why are operating rooms so cold? If we could run faster than the speed of light.....and we ran around the block.....could we bump into ourselves, leaving?
Old 12-01-2008, 05:34 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

You guys want me to tell you what they do with beef at an abbatoir? My grandpa ran one for 40 years.....up until the mid 80's.

I never saw a sideof beef that didn't get rinsed before it went into the cooler to hang/age. What kinda bacteria grows in those cool temps? Why are operating rooms so cold? If we could run faster than the speed of light.....and we ran around the block.....could we bump into ourselves, leaving?
If you go back to one of my original post I stated, don't wash unless you can put it in a cooler right away.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I tenderize mine before gutting!
[&:]

Old 12-01-2008, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mine gets rinsed as it's hanging, then quartered/deboned, then straight in the cooler on ice for a couple of days.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here is the bottom line guys .....NEVER wash your deer in temps above 40 degrees!!!!

If you have temps that willl stay 39 or below, there is NO HARM in rinsing your deer off .....

Quick Reply: Davidmil Just got the ol' buckmaster noggin concerned...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.