Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I think I just found my Halloween buck! >

I think I just found my Halloween buck!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I think I just found my Halloween buck!

Old 12-01-2008, 09:16 AM

Default RE: I think I just found my Halloween buck!

Haven't been on much lately but kinda breezed thru this, and the other thread about the buck you did kill and recover. I think you guys get multiple buck tags right?

Based on the situation, it sounds to me like there is no reason to think the buck is not the one you shot. Here in MO, we get two buck tags. If me, I would be tagging the found buck and looking for a cape to get it mounted (assuming it was going on the wall if I'd recovered right away). I would keep hunting with the tag(s) I have left.

Sometimes it takes a while to find a deer. Sometimes so long the meat and cape are of no use. Where is the line between "proudly" finding it (1 day, 2, 5, a week, etc)? Who knows but each individual. In this case, you shot a buck that took a "while" to find.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:25 AM
Dominant Buck

I called in the tag on this buck, this morning.

I'm done buck hunting, here. I'll gt out for a doe or two ......but this season has been my best ever (irregardless of this found buck).

I'm"OK" with how this panned out in the end (not speaking of the fact that the deer wasn't initially recovered in a timely fashion). I'll sleep just fine....and NO...I don't need to kill another buck.

The largest buck I saw all yea ris still romaing the woods....and I'm making plan with the guy who wrecked my ATV the other night (guy I share my woods with) to try to put HIM on this buck. We're looking for an easterly PM wind and some luck. After Saturday.....a westerly AM might get it done.

I wanted to thank everyone for their honest opinions on this thread. I just had to do what I thought was "right". Killing another buck....and knowing of this one...wouldn't have been (in MY eyes).

Thanks, again.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I called in the tag on this buck, this morning.
- Two thumbs up
Old 12-01-2008, 10:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Again...I can certainly see your point. But would anyone suggest I not tag it....and still not shoot another one? In my opinion.....you can't have it both ways. If I tag it...I'm done. If not....and I kill another one....there's an outstanding chance I killed 3 bucks, this year (which is one more than I am supposed to).
I would say that would be the thing to do. That's what I would do. It's the only way to 100% set your mind at ease and not always be wondering if you killed more bucks than you're allowed. Besides that you have already killed a nice buck so it's not like you feel like you got "cheated"so to speak.

Old 12-01-2008, 10:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well at least you have closure now....
Old 12-01-2008, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

What happens now when you find another buck with an arrow or rage broadhead in it? Do you tag it as well? Do you not recover it or it's head? Just curious.

LT
Old 12-01-2008, 10:58 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-01-2008, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

So which buck gets entered into the contest??[8D]
Old 12-01-2008, 11:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: NY/Al

So which buck gets entered into the contest??[8D]
The first one he tagged

Jeff you did it right IMO
Old 12-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff,I really think you did the right think by claiming this buck as your own. Kudos to you sir.

Quick Reply: I think I just found my Halloween buck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.