Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

quad questions

Old 11-30-2008, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: quad questions

You know I searched for around three hours last night to try to find a review that was helpful. What a waste of time that was. Something I haddent thought of, It would be nice to be able to plow snow with it how many ccs would you need to do that safely? I'm gonna get something 4x2 with optional 4x4 and like jeff said camo aint nothing important. Anyone got any remedes for that?

Ryan
Old 11-30-2008, 09:06 AM
Typical Buck

I have a 400 yamaha kodiak that I plow with, it is more than enough, it has 4X2 and button press for 4x4.I believe i paid $5500.00 for it new in 04.I have had it for 4 years and have had no major problems.Take a look at yamahas.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:08 AM

Yep. Never had any problems plowing with a Big Bear 400 either.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Reason I'm looking at the honda lineup is thie payments would end up being around 150$ after I fianance 8k these are rough figures however.

I'm gonna start a list of features I want.

Red/green
4x4 and 4x2
Plow
Roughly 400 cc's
Fuel injection (it gets pretty cold round here and my friends takes forever to start in the winter)
Decent ground clearance
Affordable

I can't really think of much else but I imagine I will. Are the automatic trannys all that and a bag of chips? I don't really plan to be going fast on this quad so top speed isn't an issue.

Ryan.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are the automatic trannys all that and a bag of chips?
Yes.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

dont let these jokers give ya crap... get that honda you want lol.... they jus came out for 09 with a rancher, its 420 cc, fuel injected, liquid cooled, power steering.. INDEPENDENT rear suspension. 4*4 an 2*4..... automatic an electric shift... i like the auto sometimes but sometimes i like to change gears to.. best of both worlds...... basically they took every feature there biggest most expensive has an put in on a smaller cc bike.... if i jus didnt buy one year ago i would be all over this new bike... but ill take to big a loss if i try to sell mine...
Old 11-30-2008, 09:26 AM

ORIGINAL: MdDave

dont let these jokers give ya crap... get that honda you want lol.... they jus came out for 09 with a rancher, its 420 cc, fuel injected, liquid cooled, power steering.. INDEPENDENT rear suspension.... basically they took every feature there biggest most expensive has an put in on a smaller cc bike.... if i jus didnt buy one year ago i would be all over this new bike... but ill take to big a loss if i try to sell mine...
That sounds like an awesome unit!
Old 11-30-2008, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: fingerz42

Power steering isnt needed on a 4wheeler and very few even offer this feature. And from what I've heard about the feature it actually makes it TOO easy to steer and can actually be more detrimental to your driving than beneficial.

Ive worked at a huge dealership for 4 years now and ive ridden everything under the sun and to be completely honest, all machines from the major manufacturers are great these days. The number of models offered simply lets youpick one that is fine tuned for your application. Power steering is a flawless addition to any quad, especially the big boys, that helps in all conditions and dramtically in tight conditions as well as with a load on the front. If you can afford it buy one with it, id look into the Yamaha Grizzly 700, you wont regret it.

However, for your applicationid recommend something smaller and easier to get in and get out. If you are going to be using it solely for hanging stands and getting the further spots of property, you definately dont need and 8 thousand dollar machine and i would lean to something smaller. As previously mentioned you can without a doubt find something suitable for 4-5 grand that will get the job done. If i was buying a machine solely for this kind of work, it would be the Honda TRX420, light, cheap on gas andreliable.

Good Luck.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

Are the automatic trannys all that and a bag of chips?
Yes.
If your talking Honda Hydrostat Transmissions, then Yes.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:32 AM

ORIGINAL: MdDave

dont let these jokers give ya crap... get that honda you want lol.... they jus came out for 09 with a rancher, its 420 cc, fuel injected, liquid cooled, power steering.. INDEPENDENT rear suspension. 4*4 an 2*4..... automatic an electric shift... i like the auto sometimes but sometimes i like to change gears to.. best of both worlds...... basically they took every feature there biggest most expensive has an put in on a smaller cc bike.... if i jus didnt buy one year ago i would be all over this new bike... but ill take to big a loss if i try to sell mine...

Bingo. I currently run 5 Honda quads and 2 Yamaha Rhinos at my camp. This year we had a 6th Honda there......500 Foreman ES with power steering. Absolutely the best driving machine I have ever been on. The only very minor complaint is that Honda never offered inependent rear suspension in its small models. Now that they do, no other brand of quad will ever sit in my yard again.

Quick Reply: quad questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.