HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - quad questions
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 09:27 AM
StrikeTrue
Fork Horn

Default RE: quad questions

ORIGINAL: fingerz42

Power steering isnt needed on a 4wheeler and very few even offer this feature. And from what I've heard about the feature it actually makes it TOO easy to steer and can actually be more detrimental to your driving than beneficial.

Ive worked at a huge dealership for 4 years now and ive ridden everything under the sun and to be completely honest, all machines from the major manufacturers are great these days. The number of models offered simply lets youpick one that is fine tuned for your application. Power steering is a flawless addition to any quad, especially the big boys, that helps in all conditions and dramtically in tight conditions as well as with a load on the front. If you can afford it buy one with it, id look into the Yamaha Grizzly 700, you wont regret it.

However, for your applicationid recommend something smaller and easier to get in and get out. If you are going to be using it solely for hanging stands and getting the further spots of property, you definately dont need and 8 thousand dollar machine and i would lean to something smaller. As previously mentioned you can without a doubt find something suitable for 4-5 grand that will get the job done. If i was buying a machine solely for this kind of work, it would be the Honda TRX420, light, cheap on gas andreliable.

Good Luck.