Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 11-30-2008, 05:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Honestly, what would YOU have done ?

I think maybe you wanna keep that first word in the title of your thread, OUT of your threads ......
Old 11-30-2008, 05:58 AM
Dominant Buck

OK, I read all the pages of this soap opera.You aren't really having fun. It is suppose to be fun. If it's truly your land, throw the bums out and get back to hunting. You said hunting is a spiritual thing to you and at the same time feel this need to become a TV star with production companies, films etc etc. Seems like all you do is have run ins with the others and especially the camera dude. Everyone wants to be a Lee Lacostie or Bill Jordan. At that point, hunting doesn't become MORE fun, probably the reverse. Very few partnerships in life really work out evenly. You got together but obviously didn't feel each others motivations out before beginning. You keep saying MY LAND>>>> MY LAND, and they keep saying OUR CAMERMAN>>> OUR CAMERAMAN>
Old 11-30-2008, 06:51 AM
Banned

Sounds like somethingI experienced when I was filming my hunts two seasons ago..filming takes the fun out of the hunting. It changed hunting from fun to stress.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:57 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-30-2008, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

The real question is, "what would you have done?"...and you did it. Forget about it and move on.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I can see both sides of the story and they both conflict with each other, and that's not good. Drop doesn't want to shoot deer that he deemed too small for a video kill. He doesn't want to shoot 2.5 year old deer. Absolutely nothing wrong with that!Having said that...that buck would've been his personal best,and it isdefinitely above average for New Jersey and therearen't many oppurtunities like this, especially when you're limiting yourself to only taking these bucks on video, so there's where I can see the cameramans side of the story.
Face the facts, New Jersey isn't a state where you're gonna have oppurtunity after oppurtunity of getting big, mature bucks on video like you would in another state. The ways and means of growing big deer simply aren't there. I wish they were though.
If it were me and my land, I'd tell the "production company" to take a hike and I'd enjoy the fruits ofmy labor without having to worry about satisfying anyone but myself.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:38 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Simp

Well, I can see both sides of the story and they both conflict with each other, and that's not good. Drop doesn't want to shoot deer that he deemed too small for a video kill. He doesn't want to shoot 2.5 year old deer. Absolutely nothing wrong with that!Having said that...that buck would've been his personal best,and it isdefinitely above average for New Jersey and therearen't many oppurtunities like this, especially when you're limiting yourself to only taking these bucks on video, so there's where I can see the cameramans side of the story.
Face the facts, New Jersey isn't a state where you're gonna have oppurtunity after oppurtunity of getting big, mature bucks on video like you would in another state. The ways and means of growing big deer simply aren't there. I wish they were though.
If it were me and my land, I'd tell the "production company" to take a hike and I'd enjoy the fruits ofmy labor without having to worry about satisfying anyone but myself.
Yes, but the thing is people are getting all wrapped up with the thought of seeing themselves on TV or selling thousands of videos.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:41 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-30-2008, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

everyone has to make their own choices.

"in the end you cannot say, Because i was told to do that."

i know if i would have shot it simply because i was told i "needed to". I would feel even worse down the road thinking back.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

What is your website again?

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.