HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - [Deleted]
Thread: [Deleted]
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 10:38 AM
davidmil
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Honestly, what would YOU have done ?

ORIGINAL: Simp

Well, I can see both sides of the story and they both conflict with each other, and that's not good. Drop doesn't want to shoot deer that he deemed too small for a video kill. He doesn't want to shoot 2.5 year old deer. Absolutely nothing wrong with that!Having said that...that buck would've been his personal best,and it isdefinitely above average for New Jersey and therearen't many oppurtunities like this, especially when you're limiting yourself to only taking these bucks on video, so there's where I can see the cameramans side of the story.
Face the facts, New Jersey isn't a state where you're gonna have oppurtunity after oppurtunity of getting big, mature bucks on video like you would in another state. The ways and means of growing big deer simply aren't there. I wish they were though.
If it were me and my land, I'd tell the "production company" to take a hike and I'd enjoy the fruits ofmy labor without having to worry about satisfying anyone but myself.
Yes, but the thing is people are getting all wrapped up with the thought of seeing themselves on TV or selling thousands of videos.