Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Thanks Giving is gone..Christmas is near ..Where are you? >

Thanks Giving is gone..Christmas is near ..Where are you?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thanks Giving is gone..Christmas is near ..Where are you?

Old 11-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Thanks Giving is gone..Christmas is near ..Where are you?

Based on which state we live in and what the hunting dates are....the bottom line is the end of season is near for us "Bow Hunters" except for those that carry in the cold.

Where are you atwithyour huntingseason? Are you done? Are you still on the go? Are you polishing up your muzzleloader?

For Me: My bucks are winding down and beginning to fall off and rest for the next week or so...My bucks will begin to replenish cells and feed "just before sun down" With a few chases in December...

In Michigan -I will start to prepare for muzzleloader season...And every one of my family members keep saying "I want a deer" can you process it? So I may be busy looking for doe(s) ..as if I dont have enough...but its good eatin. Warm up the Buddy Heater...thats where I'm at in Michigan. 25 degrees.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Thanks Giving is gone..Christmas is near ..Where are you?

I'm tagged out except for a southern PA doe tag, NC tags and a IL doe tag however I won't be seeing NC or IL soil anytime soon.

I may however and hope to fill the southern PA doe tag come second season which starts the day after Christmas. Twildasin will be my host.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Where are you at with your hunting season?
Frustrated Is where I'm at. No I'm not done but I decided to give the woods a rest the last week or so and plan on hitting It even harder come the 2nd rut. I've just got to figure out exactly or close to when It may start up again. Every where Is different that's for sure.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Twildasin will be my host.
That should be a good time!
Old 11-28-2008, 08:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Oh yeah, if you remember, T had Ben, Matt and I in Oct when he, Matt and Ben scored on does. Of course I didn't, that's why I still have that tag.

Late season is tough, deer are so freakin spooked here it's unreal however in T's haunts, there is no gun hunting, his doe should be unpressured at that time and with crops down, he should have them pinpointed well. Let's hope.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Last year I smacked a "granny" at 43 yards in Full Snow Camo in a blowed corn stubble..I refer to a granny as a 3.5 year old doe +[8D]

Either way...I'm lovin it when I can lay flat in snow camo in a plowed snow field...play the wind...and get up close and personal....

My wife laughs at me....because she always has to deal with a deer hangin in our garage on Christmas day...but its how I roll!!...

Magicman called me 5 times today...I think we have a buck down in Wisc.

Do I dare call? I love him...but it could be a 4 hour conversation...But I love'em
Old 11-28-2008, 08:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Oh yeah, if you remember, T had Ben, Matt and I in Oct when he, Matt and Ben scored on does. Of course I didn't, that's why I still have that tag.

Late season is tough, deer are so freaking spooked here it's unreal however in T's haunts, there is no gun hunting, his doe should be unpressured at that time and with crops down, he should have them pinpointed well. Let's hope.
I remember that thread, It looked like you all had a blast. Good luck Rob!!
Old 11-28-2008, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot a buck in Minn. and Wis. with my rifle.I'm hoping to headnorth one more time to try and fill my bow tag.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've taken 3 deer this year and I'm wanting more. I have 2 more TN tags, only one can be a buck though. I'd love to take another deer, but this has been my best year to date. I don't want to be greedy, but I LOVE going after these animals.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I won't be done till January 15th

Quick Reply: Thanks Giving is gone..Christmas is near ..Where are you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.