Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Thanks Giving is gone..Christmas is near ..Where are you? >

Thanks Giving is gone..Christmas is near ..Where are you?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thanks Giving is gone..Christmas is near ..Where are you?

Old 11-28-2008, 10:57 PM

Default RE: Thanks Giving is gone..Christmas is near ..Where are you?

As far as deer are concerned, I'm done.

I heard a TON of coyotes while on the stand the evening before Thanksgiving. I'll be trying to call some of them in this winter when I'm not waterfowling or steelhead fishing.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:56 AM
Dominant Buck

I have on more tag to fill. If I did fill it....it would make me "technically" tagged out in NC for the second year in a row. We get 4 doe tags, one "choice" and one buck tag. So I can "tag out" with my next deer. I can get doe tags over the counter, though....and I'll probably get two more, today......just in case. That way I can save my last (buck)tag for a possible "Mr. Big" scenario.

Old 11-29-2008, 06:03 AM
Typical Buck

I'm no where near done. I've taken only one doe with the bow, one doe and one buck with the rifle in KY. I am yet to put a buck on the ground this year with the new Black Ice. I have not gun hunted yet this year in MS, due to my driving will to get one with the bow. It cost me a good 8 or 10 point last Saturday morning, but I would not have been happy with myself if I had of shot him with the rifle. He would have made a nice mount though. I've still got the upcoming muzzleloader season to get some more meat in the fridge, and bow season doesn't shut down til late January. They sure are hard to get within range now though.
Good luck to all and for those of you who have that trophy in the freezer or taxi, congratulations.

Chris
Old 11-29-2008, 06:22 AM

Filled my PA buck tag. I have a doe tag for PA, but probably won't use it since I still have a buck tag for Ohio. I'll take my .44 mag for a walk and concentrate my efforts there on public land to get myself set up for next years archery season. I've got to get an Ohio buck with my bow.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:29 AM
Fork Horn

Carrying the bow until the end of January here in GA.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've got a lot of hunting left with things that go bang. I am mostly just looking to fill the freezer with does but in the places I hunt,a real nice buck could always cruise by as well. I know one spot holds them because we seen them, and the other spot has the biggest buck rubs I've ever seen in my life.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:33 AM
Typical Buck

I have one more Doe tag, but i'm holding onto that until i can get my son his first buck (rifle)He is 8 years old and his waiting patiently for Dec 01st to show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dad is excited a little too!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2008, 07:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

What size of rubs you got going on Ryan? Been hit lately?
Old 11-29-2008, 08:24 AM
Typical Buck

I am still looking for that special buck. I have until Feb 1st.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

our bow season isnt done till the beggining of februray but my string slipped off the cam the other day i have 2 arrows left and i pulled a muscle in my back [:@]i know excuses excuses but it looks like ill be stickin to my ole mossberg for the next couple weeks i hoep to fill atlest 1 of my doe tags i have been anxious becaus ei cant wait to process my own deerbut i really cant complain i got my buck (9pt.) so im still pretty happy with how the season has gone
10 sits
1 kill
14 sitings
i didnt get my bow till mid oct. and its a little old so i have been having a few accuracy probems[&o][:@]

Quick Reply: Thanks Giving is gone..Christmas is near ..Where are you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.