Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Summit Open Shot Climber? >

Summit Open Shot Climber?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Summit Open Shot Climber?

Old 11-27-2008, 07:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default Summit Open Shot Climber?

Does anyone have this stand, and what do you think about it? Thanks.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Summit Open Shot Climber?

I've got one and I love it. It takes a little getting use to, but once your settled in, it's a very comfortable sit and offers lots of shots with little to no obstructions.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:26 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah I have it. Small platform. Awkward climbing compared to other summits. Unlike the other summits the seat cushion actually sits on a cross bar rather than hangs freely, which if the seat gets wet, is very noisy due to rubbing on cross bar. Pros are its very light and minimal obstructions when bow hunting. I've actually gone back to using my old bushmaster and will use the open shot as a spare or as a fixed.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I looked hard at the open shot but eventually bought the Razor which climbs traditionally and then the bar folds out of the way for bow (or stays in place for rifle/ML).

I love the Razor and wouldn't change anything about it. It represents the best of both worlds - in my opinion.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought one this fall.I got it because it was smaller and light.
I have not used it but have played with it a little. When climbing I feel kind of awkward --like im leaning backwards a little---is that normal or am i doing something wrong? In the past I used a summitt sabre and loved it but th eopen shot seems really different
Old 11-27-2008, 09:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

The best stand I've ever used. From my back, unpacked, on the tree and 20 feet high in less than 2 min. I love it. I can also pack it formiles, it's like I don't evenhave a stand on my back.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dprsdhunter

I bought one this fall.I got it because it was smaller and light.
I have not used it but have played with it a little. When climbing I feel kind of awkward --like im leaning backwards a little---is that normal or am i doing something wrong? In the past I used a summitt sabre and loved it but th eopen shot seems really different
Have you tried moving the stirups? I step back on the platform while I move the top up each bite.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I was thinking moving the stirrups might help. I bought it because of its smaller size and because it kind of reminded me of my old summut sabre. It does feel a little different climbing than the sabre. Im sure it is just going to take some getting used to
Old 11-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Fork Horn

I had one and hated it. I felt it was to small of a platform and very noisey. Also that bar that runs under the seat made it extremely uncomfy. Maybe for a smaller guy but not for me. As far a climbing, it went well.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:25 AM
Fork Horn

I have the Summit Clearshot and really like it. It is the model that came just before the openshot. It is a very handy stand...weighs 14 lbs and, as others have mentioned, I can be up a tree and hunting in 5 minutes and there are no obstructions. Being completely open like that does take getting used to, and I agree that the platform is small...but I like it.

Quick Reply: Summit Open Shot Climber?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.