Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 So you'll pay $2 Grand+......... >

So you'll pay $2 Grand+.........

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So you'll pay $2 Grand+.........

Old 11-24-2008, 09:47 AM

Default RE: So you'll pay $2 Grand+.........

For me, the same reason you invite as many folks as you do to your home, Jeff.

I doubt I would drop two G's for a guided whitetail hunt, but I'm planning on dropping about a grand or a little over this next fall to go hunt bears in MN with Kyle. I've got bears here I could hunt for much less, but I'd rather spend the money and get a chance to meet/hunt with someone I've developed a friendship with over the boards. Hell, I don't care much if I actually stick a bear or not, it'll be a blast either way.

Then again, I'm one of the folks who wants to hunt the Dark Continent anyway. [8D]
Old 11-24-2008, 09:51 AM
Dominant Buck

BTW, Andy....

This thread has NO bearing on me wanting to come to MD and hunt.....lol. I'm still game if we can work it out. It's more than killing a whitetail as to why I'd love to comem though. First off....my season here would be over. Second....the time I spent with you and your MD bretheren was really cool. That's a big part of it.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

You only get one stint on this rock. Some people try and make the most of it by hunting many different critters. Some guys make the most of it by hunting one critter over and over again. Whatever you find enjoyable, go for it. I do think that some guys sell themselves a little short on doing/trying things that they may come to find very enjoyable. The older I get, the more I experience, the more i want to go places and hunt different animals.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:52 AM
Dominant Buck

For me, the same reason you invite as many folks as you do to your home, Jeff.

I doubt I would drop two G's for a guided whitetail hunt, but I'm planning on dropping about a grand or a little over this next fall to go hunt bears in MN with Kyle. I've got bears here I could hunt for much less, but I'd rather spend the money and get a chance to meet/hunt with someone I've developed a friendship with over the boards. Hell, I don't care much if I actually stick a bear or not, it'll be a blast either way.
See my last post, Dan. I concur on your reasoning (not that it matters). Just saying I understand, fully.

Rybo...

I had a conversation with my wife the other night about this (kinda). I told her there were SO MANY things I wish I could"learn"...."see"...."hear"...."experience"... .that I would die never having done so. That bothers me.

I see things differently at 44 than I did at even 34. I want to do some things before I kick the bucket.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter
I'm planning on dropping about a grand or a little over this next fall to go hunt bears in MN with Kyle.
And hell, that is before the outfitter fee.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:07 AM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

GregH....I never calle dyou boring. I said it would bore ME.
I know you didn't infer that. I was calling myself boring. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'll repost for a response ....

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Pretty inflammatory....coming from a preacher, T.

How so, Jeff? Why is that inflammatory ..... and what does me being a Preacher have anything to do with it??

I'm talking about guys who would close their minds and seemingly put down another's choice to hunt abroad. If you're Ok hunting what you like.....I applaud that. I don't have to agree or understand it. If you're gonna hint at putting down the other guy's choice.....that's being close-minded (at BEST).
well try just coming out and sayingwhat you meaninstead ofdoing your end-arounds

Your post made it sound like all those that chose to hunt whitetails was close-minded

Old 11-24-2008, 11:17 AM

Who really cares to be honest?? I want to hunt some animals, but I don't have a drive to do it, if I never get to then oh well...whitetails are fine for me....but if a guy wants to hunt other animals then have at it... I would like to hunt russian boar or wild hogs, don't know that I ever will though...but if I don't then it's ok...life will not be unfilled if I don't... Jeff, if you want to go to Zimbabwe to shoot a Giraffe then go, and if TreedNc wants to stay home and shoot whitetails, good ..if Preach wants to try and look like Germ in then let him.....
Old 11-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

..if Preach wants to try and look like Germ in then let him.....
a man can dream, can't he?[8D]
Old 11-24-2008, 11:41 AM

I know....we can only dream....man Im glad my wife doesn't get on here and see a pic of Germ....

Quick Reply: So you'll pay $2 Grand+.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.