Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's your batting average? >

What's your batting average?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's your batting average?

Old 11-26-2008, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's your batting average?

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

As responsiblestewards of the forest, it is our duty to make sure we send the fewest arrows possible at God's creatures.
TOTAL BS. TOTAL.
We are saying the same thing. I know you know that. If you don't, you are not as smart as I thought. Even if not, you are still one cunning ___ with your word play. Argue semantics all you want, we are saying the same thing.

So you spine a deer......and it's laying right there.....20 yds away. Chances are it'll expire in a few minutes. Chances are greater it'll expire in SECONDS if you put a follow-up arrow(s) in it. So what are you promoting, again?
that we have the intention of making the best possible shot to begin with.

FOUR of my 4/10 "BA" were follow-up shots on a deer I didn't even try to take, inititally (another hunter spined the deer). I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
as would I

Would the deer have likely expired had I not shot the 4 arrows? YES! Did I limit its' suffering? YES!
and for that, I say you did well. In fact, I already said prior that it is more commendable that you followed with 3 arrows even tho it would count against your ratio by this thread's standard. That ratio tho, means nothing because it does not reflect what happened in the woods. You are still making a simple thing difficult. You know, someone once said to me: Stupid people complicate simple things while intelligent people simplify complicated things. Since then I'd always believed that to be true. Until today. Why? because you are not dumb but yet you are making this simple thing difficult. Unless of course you truly are ____.

We have ONE goal when we release an arrow (or arrowS). Kill the animal as quickly as possible. I don't care if you have a 10 arrow quiver....and the 8th shot will spare the animal 5 seconds of suffering. Fire your arrow downrange.
refer to clause A of this particular post.

You can reference my "4-10" record repeatedly. I'm not ashamed of them, and especially not ashamed of the last 4.
I made reference not to slam the ratio. I did it to show that you seemingly don't like the numbers for whatever reason (perhaps shame which btw if so you should've have felt) and that is why you didn't want to play in the first place. Instead you wanted to knock this threaddown.

I injured/killed a buck this year that I didn't recover. I also clean missed a doe, earlier in the year. Beyond that.....I've killed 4 does on 4 shots....and easily recovered each of them.

I'll send arrows downrange until:

1. The animal is out of range

or

2. The animal has stopped moving.
again, refer to clause A

So where's the "virtue" in saying "I killed a deer with one shot and he died in 5 minutes" v. "I killed a deer with 4 shots and he died in 30 seconds"?
There is none. In 3 of 5 deer I took this year, they went down in way less time than 5min.In fact2 of them went down in about 7 seconds.I am not saying that if you'd already mortally wounded an animal that you should'nt send another arrow if given the chance. Of course you should. Only a cruel heartless person wouldn't.

Whether you know or accept it, you are still

BUSTED!!!

I know many people are thinking the same thing but just don't want to say it to you. Please know that. Grain of salt baby, grain of salt.

HTH
Old 11-26-2008, 09:19 AM
Dominant Buck

Busted
You're funny, hue. You're also spinning like a top!

I was more than happy not to play....until you kept pushing. Then....you cite the numbers....implying they're bad (which I knew would also happen).

So which is it? Fewest number of shots....or quick, humane kill....(that we're all supposed to "strive" for?

You reference me and "shame"? Yeah. I'm shameful of a deer I didn't recover. Shamfulof the shot or thought process? Nope. MY goal each season is to not loose an arrow I'm not proud of. I'm SEVERAL shots into that without a blemish. Getting caught attempting to steal second is a physical error. Getting caught attempting to steal second when you're 6 runs down is a mental error. I'm gonna make physical errors. I can control the mental ones.....and I have, for a good while.

You keep referencing ME making this difficult....when it was YOU who kept continually calling me out. If you didn't like what you heard.....then you knew you wouldn't like the explanation (that your thought process was extremely flawed). I don't blame you.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Jeff

If I should ever get in trouble with the law, what is your rate?

We are still saying the same thing. When I say fewest shots possible, there is an implied meaning that "possible" also means "neccessary". It doesn't take an intelligence quotient or more than that of room temperature to figure that out. I know you know that. You just like to talk. It shows in your post count. Not knocking, just a real web world fact.

One thing I can say about you without doubt is that you are a fair man in the regard that you do not discriminate on basis of age. Anyone who is willing to exchange with you is fair game to sometimes unfair tactics be it a 17yr old or a 33yr old. Only, it's much harder to slip junk passed the older folks. At 44 you should understand. Sucker punching a 17yr old then justifying yourself afterwards is easier than if that same person were older. Trevor had you pinned and you didn't even acknowledge you'd done him wrong. That of course is because you are never wrong.

At any rate, we are already in agreement.

The people have spoken!!!

Old 11-26-2008, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

WTH is this post even about anymore?
Old 11-26-2008, 10:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Hue....why do you feel the need to take personal shots at me? NO. Were not in agreement. "Fewest shots possible" means fewst arrows to kill the animal. to me. So you spine a deer. Would that shot kill him (one shot.....fewest possible"? Probably. How long would he suffer?

No. We don't agree. Spin it any way you want. You said "fewest shots possible". I say...."whatever it takes" to kill the animal as quickly as possible.

And you KEEP trying to re-hash an old thread that had an exchange between Trevor and I. What's your intent? MY point on that thread was.....NOTHING/NOBODY has 100% approval rating (Even God don't have that). Implying that it's possible IS "Naive" (no matter one's age).

Of course....you HAVE to know that, too....since I assume you believe yourself to be one of the ones above the "room temperature" line.

If you say something stupid...I'll call you on it....be you 17, 33 or 73. You said something stupid.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:30 AM
Typical Buck

2/2
Old 11-26-2008, 10:30 AM
Typical Buck

This year i was 2-2
Old 11-26-2008, 10:31 AM
Typical Buck

If you say something stupid...I'll call you on it....be you 17, 33 or 73. You said something stupid.
their is not enough time in the day to call you on everything stupid you say. I have never seen anyone who needs to get the last word in more than you. Pretty pathetic IMHO.

I am 1/3 this year with archery
and 1/1 with the shotgun.
both misses were clean misses one on a doe one on a turkey
Old 11-26-2008, 10:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Shooting bats I think? Or is it hunting deer with bats. Aluminum vs wood vs carbon composite. How many swings does it take to kill a deer?

[8D]
Old 11-26-2008, 10:33 AM

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Shooting bats I think? Or is it hunting deer with bats. Aluminum vs wood vs carbon composite. How many swings does it take to kill a deer?

[8D]
A nice piece of 4x4 works better. More mass. Less swings.

Quick Reply: What's your batting average?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.