HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What's your batting average?
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 09:03 AM
Hoytail Hunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's your batting average?

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

As responsiblestewards of the forest, it is our duty to make sure we send the fewest arrows possible at God's creatures.
TOTAL BS. TOTAL.
We are saying the same thing. I know you know that. If you don't, you are not as smart as I thought. Even if not, you are still one cunning ___ with your word play. Argue semantics all you want, we are saying the same thing.

So you spine a deer......and it's laying right there.....20 yds away. Chances are it'll expire in a few minutes. Chances are greater it'll expire in SECONDS if you put a follow-up arrow(s) in it. So what are you promoting, again?
that we have the intention of making the best possible shot to begin with.

FOUR of my 4/10 "BA" were follow-up shots on a deer I didn't even try to take, inititally (another hunter spined the deer). I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
as would I

Would the deer have likely expired had I not shot the 4 arrows? YES! Did I limit its' suffering? YES!
and for that, I say you did well. In fact, I already said prior that it is more commendable that you followed with 3 arrows even tho it would count against your ratio by this thread's standard. That ratio tho, means nothing because it does not reflect what happened in the woods. You are still making a simple thing difficult. You know, someone once said to me: Stupid people complicate simple things while intelligent people simplify complicated things. Since then I'd always believed that to be true. Until today. Why? because you are not dumb but yet you are making this simple thing difficult. Unless of course you truly are ____.

We have ONE goal when we release an arrow (or arrowS). Kill the animal as quickly as possible. I don't care if you have a 10 arrow quiver....and the 8th shot will spare the animal 5 seconds of suffering. Fire your arrow downrange.
refer to clause A of this particular post.

You can reference my "4-10" record repeatedly. I'm not ashamed of them, and especially not ashamed of the last 4.
I made reference not to slam the ratio. I did it to show that you seemingly don't like the numbers for whatever reason (perhaps shame which btw if so you should've have felt) and that is why you didn't want to play in the first place. Instead you wanted to knock this threaddown.

I injured/killed a buck this year that I didn't recover. I also clean missed a doe, earlier in the year. Beyond that.....I've killed 4 does on 4 shots....and easily recovered each of them.

I'll send arrows downrange until:

1. The animal is out of range

or

2. The animal has stopped moving.
again, refer to clause A

So where's the "virtue" in saying "I killed a deer with one shot and he died in 5 minutes" v. "I killed a deer with 4 shots and he died in 30 seconds"?
There is none. In 3 of 5 deer I took this year, they went down in way less time than 5min.In fact2 of them went down in about 7 seconds.I am not saying that if you'd already mortally wounded an animal that you should'nt send another arrow if given the chance. Of course you should. Only a cruel heartless person wouldn't.

Whether you know or accept it, you are still

BUSTED!!!

I know many people are thinking the same thing but just don't want to say it to you. Please know that. Grain of salt baby, grain of salt.

HTH