Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 OK....Who's NEVER missed? >

OK....Who's NEVER missed?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

OK....Who's NEVER missed?

Old 11-23-2008, 10:57 AM
Banned

Default RE: OK....Who's NEVER missed?

I am human..I've missed..30 years of the sport..yep..been there done that.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've missed deer a couple of times. But I'm perfect on hitting the ground
Old 11-23-2008, 11:07 AM

Ive missed a turkey.

Ive had a deflection on a buck this year, which is a miss but different...arrow was going where I placed the pin...just didnt see that stupid twig.

Ive killed three big game animals with my bow without flat out choking and missing, hopefully it stays this way, though improbable. (pronghorn buck, whitetail doe, and whitetail buck all this year)
Old 11-23-2008, 11:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Oh I've missed ........I can't remember a single one of them that didn't turn inside out at the shot though (ducking , spinning, whirling whatever) and can't recall one that just stood there that I flat wiffed on?.........but oddly enough I've never wounded and not found a deer I've hit and have never hit a deer in the shoulder blade either.
They either stand there and take it like a champ, or get out of the way.

(By the way I consider animals wounded and not recovered as WORSE than misses, so I hope you guys who have "never" missed have also recovered everything you hit as well? )

Old 11-23-2008, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

Yep I've missed.

(By the way I consider animals wounded and not recovered as WORSE than misses, so I hope you guys who have "never" missed have also recovered everything you hit as well? )
Absolutely!
Old 11-23-2008, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I missed a doe this year. Right over her back into a tree at about 26 yards
Old 11-23-2008, 11:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

missed a turkey this year. simply over estimated the yardage...shot right over her.

my first shot at a live animal EVER ducked and took the arrow high...

missed 2 squirrels this year. i never wanted to "waste the arrow" or scare deer or blah blah...but its legal and this year i was carrying extra arrows for turkey...(quiver only holds 3 so i carried 2 more arrow in..could needed them never know) midday im bored outta my mind and sick of watchin 8lb squirrels run around...sitting on a log...20yd shot...WIFF..WOW?? really?? got the binocs out and seen a twice i clearly just hit...ok ok...later on another squirrel sits in nearly the SAME exact SPOT! WIFF!!! ok? now your kidding right? both arrows were within inches of eachother...but, i couldnt see all that OTHER brush in the binocs when i looked at the first miss. but it was fun and i think i'll be doing alot more "shooting at targets of opprotunity" in the future...just because i dont get too many chances to draw and shoot...drew my bow twice prior...1 on a buck i held off on and the other on the turkey...i do draw a couple times a day but not on a critter...
Old 11-23-2008, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can only speculate how many animals I've taken with the bow... its quite a few....probably on up into the 50s or 60s including deer, hogs and the one turkey I've taken with the bow.

I sat back and thought real hard about this... I think that I've probably missed somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 or so. Granted, not all were totally my fault.... I smacked a bow limb on a treestand arm.... hit an unseen piece of brush... and had a deer jump the string.

I'd probably suspect that 12 or so have been totally my fault... be it a misjudged yardage, or just a flat out come to pieces blown it miss.

Probably the most ridiculous one was earlier this year... only deer I've shot at all season.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff i have been at it so long (30 years) i honestly cant give you a #, there is no way, but yes i have missed/wiffed many times
Old 11-23-2008, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never kept count but have had my share of misses. When I was young learning and still to today! As far as a number???? I don't know!

Quick Reply: OK....Who's NEVER missed?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.