HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - OK....Who's NEVER missed?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 11:59 AM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: OK....Who's NEVER missed?

missed a turkey this year. simply over estimated the yardage...shot right over her.

my first shot at a live animal EVER ducked and took the arrow high...

missed 2 squirrels this year. i never wanted to "waste the arrow" or scare deer or blah blah...but its legal and this year i was carrying extra arrows for turkey...(quiver only holds 3 so i carried 2 more arrow in..could needed them never know) midday im bored outta my mind and sick of watchin 8lb squirrels run around...sitting on a log...20yd shot...WIFF..WOW?? really?? got the binocs out and seen a twice i clearly just hit...ok ok...later on another squirrel sits in nearly the SAME exact SPOT! WIFF!!! ok? now your kidding right? both arrows were within inches of eachother...but, i couldnt see all that OTHER brush in the binocs when i looked at the first miss. but it was fun and i think i'll be doing alot more "shooting at targets of opprotunity" in the future...just because i dont get too many chances to draw and shoot...drew my bow twice prior...1 on a buck i held off on and the other on the turkey...i do draw a couple times a day but not on a critter...