Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Accident or intentional? >

Accident or intentional?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Accident or intentional?

Old 11-22-2008, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Accident or intentional?

If you read my other post you know I went bowhunting on gun opener today. I heard footsteps approaching slowly in the distance. I couldn't see the deer but knew that it was one. As it got closer I notice that it looks like a yearling doe. It kept stopping every 2-3 yds and sniffing the ground. At 40yds I thought I saw it nibbling on some extraordinarily red leaves. At 30yds I realize that those red leaves were really part ofits snout and all of its bottom jaw hanging by a few strings. Obviously, I knew I had to put an end to its suffering.

It was pretty thick where I was at so I didn't get a clean shot til it was 12yds. I sent a slickie right through the heart and it made its 40yd death run then collapsed. Here's where it gets interesting (to me at least).

I later ran into 5 guys with shotguns doing a deer drive (incorrectly btw). We said our greetings and made our small talk then they told me they were looking for a wounded doe that came in my direction. I asked them if it had its lower jaw blown off. They said yea, you seen her? I said yea, I seen him(actually a bb) and I finished him off.

Now... what I'm getting at is I think there's a chance they might have been trying to shoot deer in the head and that's how this bb ended up like this. Think about it, for you to be able to see that a deer has its jaw torn off, it has to be about 30yds or so and walking slowly. And if it was at 30yds, why would you not aim behind the shoulders unless you were intentionally going for a headshot? I suppose anything could've happened but it just seemed odd that they knew it had a missing jaw. I don't like to assume things, and I'm not, but you know how when your gut tells you something, it's usually right?

What do you think? Accident or intentional?
Old 11-22-2008, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Accident or intentional?

Intentional. Alot of gun hunters find it "cool" to head shot does. I'm a gun hunter dont get me wrong, but all to often they think that headshots on does are cool, then they disguise their reasoning by saying that it "wastes less meat." Give me a break.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:29 PM
Fork Horn

Even better reason for pita to stop hunting.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

For some reason,alot of gun hunters think it is ok to shoot deer in the head and do it intentionally and never give this type of scenario a second thought.

It is very likely they tried to shoot it in the head(to keep from ruining the meat) but hit the lower jaw instead.But,with several people standing there when the shot occured,it is possible that someone other than the shooter saw it get hit in the jaw.

Old 11-22-2008, 08:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: nissan300ztt

Even better reason for pita to stop hunting.
Some of the idiot pita crap I have seen complain that we don't shoot them in the head because we don't want to ruin the trophy.Goes to show the inteligence we are dealing with when we talk about pita,I for one don't give a rats behind what they think.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know two people personally who think head shots are "cool" when hunting with shotguns.........I have not hunted with them but I just bite my lip! One of them is a week gun guy who knows nothing about what really goes on in the woods but the other is a bowhunter and you would think he knows better.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:34 PM
Fork Horn

Some of the idiot pita crap I have seen complain that we don't shoot them in the head because we don't want to ruin the trophy.Goes to show the inteligence we are dealing with when we talk about pita,I for one don't give a rats behind what they think.
I agree but if pita can convince house wives in their minivans that hunters are evil a-holes...then we can easily lose our priviledges to hunt.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

They did not start doing their drive til about 11pm. I could only presume that prior to that they were all sitting in their own corners of the woods... which makes the scenario I suspect more likely. And if so, I personally think it's a nimrodistic thing to do just to try to keep a little meat from being ruined. For god sakes, this thing was miserable looking when I saw it. And who knows how long it would've taken for it to die. I hope nobody is gonna say I'm giving fuel to the anti's because it really is what it alreadyis, and it happens without me saying it.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:40 PM
Fork Horn

I know hoyt but you know that if pita heard about this we would look like a-holes..Just from listening to some of the stories of what people do to animals makes me sick to my stomach and I wanna stop hunting. And there are sometimes I feel those PITA people are right...Some hunters out here are retards and morons and should never be allowed in the woods. This year with the buck shot in the neck and now this story makes me wanna make hunting illegal...I just dont like ignorant people.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: nissan300ztt

I agree but if pita can convince house wives in their minivans that hunters are evil a-holes...then we can easily lose our priviledges to hunt.
Are you geniuses aware that it's PETA, not pita. I know they are a pita though. [8D]

I don't advocate head shots with any weapon.

Quick Reply: Accident or intentional?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.