Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Roger Jarvis Buck (possible new WR) >

Roger Jarvis Buck (possible new WR)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Roger Jarvis Buck (possible new WR)

Old 11-20-2008, 08:53 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Roger Jarvis Buck (possible new WR)

dang thats a huge buck! can't wait to see if its an actual record or not!
Old 11-20-2008, 09:05 PM

Wow, that's some deer. Missouri is under rated.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BuildFlyCrash

Wow, that's some deer. Missouri is under rated.
No, no, very overrated.
I still can't believe I haven't seen this buck yet. I'm gonna look for him tonight or tomorrow and get some details.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ok so what did he shoot him with???
Old 11-21-2008, 02:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gbrownlee

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

I wonder how much Bass Pro will offerMr. Jarvis for the horns.... I going with $2 million if it gets certified, and $1 million if not.
HAHAHA $2million! Are you kidding? They have never paid anything even 10% of that for a deer rack and never will pay anything close to a million. Everyone says "oh my cousin just shot a 200" deer and bass pro gave him $15,000 for it" when in fact that is B.S. The Luvston buck was bought for around $100,000 by bass pro (a number that was given to me by the guy in the traveling bucks trailer that Bass pro does). Look on the internet and that number is anywhere from $250,000-$1.5mil., NONE of which are even close to accurate. Deer racks arent worth anything what people say, (in fact I dont know why anyone would pay $100,000 for a rack) In a recent publicationit said that a 250" whitetail is worth about $20,000, so this buck, if verified would probablybe "worth" about $100,000.
Not likely, but I don't think it's going to fetch the huge price tag some might think either considering the economy hasn't been the greatest in the last couple of years. That deer IF it is a new WR, will fetch at least $500k. I believe that the "novelty" of the next NT WR has worn off a little because we've had 3-4 of them in the last 8 yrs or whatever, now were it a new Typical WR, I believe it would fetch $1 million or more possibly, but I'm not sure a NT will. It's only a matter of time before a new Typical WR shows up, and that one is going to be the big $$$$ fetcher I believe.

As for this deer, when we have everything finalized, we'll see. Rumor has it on scoring between 320 and 330 may have beened killed within an hour of me!!!! Not sure of anything, just internet rumors likely!!!
Old 11-21-2008, 02:45 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-21-2008, 05:30 AM
Fork Horn

Is this the same Roger Jarvis thats in forbes magazine as being a wealthy business man? If so, I would tend to believe that he paid good money to hunt this buck....
Old 11-21-2008, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

ORIGINAL: gbrownlee

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

I wonder how much Bass Pro will offerMr. Jarvis for the horns.... I going with $2 million if it gets certified, and $1 million if not.
HAHAHA $2million! Are you kidding? They have never paid anything even 10% of that for a deer rack and never will pay anything close to a million. Everyone says "oh my cousin just shot a 200" deer and bass pro gave him $15,000 for it" when in fact that is B.S. The Luvston buck was bought for around $100,000 by bass pro (a number that was given to me by the guy in the traveling bucks trailer that Bass pro does). Look on the internet and that number is anywhere from $250,000-$1.5mil., NONE of which are even close to accurate. Deer racks arent worth anything what people say, (in fact I dont know why anyone would pay $100,000 for a rack) In a recent publicationit said that a 250" whitetail is worth about $20,000, so this buck, if verified would probablybe "worth" about $100,000.
Not likely, but I don't think it's going to fetch the huge price tag some might think either considering the economy hasn't been the greatest in the last couple of years. That deer IF it is a new WR, will fetch at least $500k. I believe that the "novelty" of the next NT WR has worn off a little because we've had 3-4 of them in the last 8 yrs or whatever, now were it a new Typical WR, I believe it would fetch $1 million or more possibly, but I'm not sure a NT will. It's only a matter of time before a new Typical WR shows up, and that one is going to be the big $$$$ fetcher I believe.

As for this deer, when we have everything finalized, we'll see. Rumor has it on scoring between 320 and 330 may have beened killed within an hour of me!!!! Not sure of anything, just internet rumors likely!!!

Very good point! So all I gotta do it shoot the typical WR and im a millionare? Hell sounds like a plan to me! Be back in a sec.....
Old 11-28-2008, 03:08 PM

This guy is a fraud he killed it at Heartland Wildlife in Ethel, MO. He paid $60,000 for it. What a joke!!! I am from Brookfield, MO which is 20 mile from the place he killed it..