Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ASAT... that good? or that coincidental? >

ASAT... that good? or that coincidental?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ASAT... that good? or that coincidental?

Old 11-19-2008, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default ASAT... that good? or that coincidental?

Last year before I started wearing ASAT camo I'd get picked out muchmuch easier. And whenever deer picked me out and looked at me, it was game over everytime.

This year, I've killed a doe and 2 bucks, one being a mature buck. All these deer happened to come from a direction I was completely not expecting so they ended up eye to eye with me. The doe looked directly at me when I drew, stared for 5 seconds then dismissed me, and continued on like normal. The smaller buck came from behind me and stopped at 15yds looking at me 8ft in the tree. It stood there for at least 30 seconds then kept on like normal allowing me to arrow him. The mature buck (220 dressed) just appeared out of nowhere, was directly in front of me at 13yds,and looked dead at me 12 feet in the tree. He stared for about10 seconds then cautiously altered his route around me.

The comparison I really want to make is that last year, even yearling does would take off like hell when they saw me. This year, I arrowed a mature buck after he inspected me for 10 seconds. These are the same deer from the same woods. The only thing that changed is my camo.

So what do you think? Is ASAT that good or are my experiences justthat coincidental with not so intelligent deer?

Old 11-19-2008, 06:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: ASAT... that good? or that coincidental?

I have had the same thing happen in 2007. I got busted by a doe, she eyed me up. I drew my bow and shot her.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

See that's why I ask if it's coincidence. You had it happen once last year. I had it happen 3 times this year and in a row at that.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:15 AM
Site Buck Guru

I found the same to be true with Ultimate Camo. It was like I was invisible to the deer! [:-]
Old 11-20-2008, 09:47 PM

ASAT is that good, IMO. It has proven itself to me many times. No camo is majic, but I know for sure ASAT is the best I have used.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GregH

I found the same to be true with Ultimate Camo. It was like I was invisible to the deer! [:-]
Gregh the differnce is the deer do not even see me in UC I have shot two doe with UC, no issues at all. I have yet to be picked off either. In the right tree UC is Ultimate[8D]

Where ASAT rules IMO is in the open
Old 11-21-2008, 05:39 AM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: GregH

Gregh the differnce is the deer do not even see me in UC I have shot two doe with UC, no issues at all. I have yet to be picked off either. In the right tree UC is Ultimate[8D]

That's what I'm getting at. I have no experience with ASAT.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had been wearing MOBU earlier this year and as the leaves started changing I started getting busted. I pulled out my ASAT 3d suit and had a buck come 5 yards under my stand without me knowing it, and I still shot him.

I'm a believer that open pattern camos are that good.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:35 AM
Dominant Buck

I had aquired some factory second ASAT last year and tried it out during the late archery seaon here. I was sitting on a stool behind a small fallen cedar, smelling of Deer Dander. I was facing west since it was morning and there was a large bedding area behind me where the returning deer would go after feeding on a nearby ridge. I heard something walking through the leaves behind me, which pretty much had to be a deer, so I waited for the inevitable blow and sprint since the wind was blowing in the deer's favor. To my astonishment the deer approached literally close enough for me to hear it sniff me, it didn't sound alarmed in the least.I figured that the Deer Dander had gotten it's curiosity aroused, and it had walked the 30 yards from the bedding area to see who "the new deer" was. I'm fairly certain that it could see something, it just didn't perceive me to be threatening until I turned to look at it. Once my head turned that young buck snorted and covered that 90' in amazingly short order,and even then it paused at the edge of the cedars to stare in my direction before bolting. LOL
Old 11-21-2008, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

In the right tree UC is Ultimate[8D]

And right out in the unbostructed open I was with all 3 of these deer. With the doe I just picked a bare trunk tree in the middle of an acorn grove. She had a full open view of me at 30yds and was not alarmed even after I drew. The smaller buck was even closer at half that distance. Worst, or should I say best of all, the mature buck was even closer yet,facing me looking dead at me eye to eye and still allowed me to shoot him!

Quick Reply: ASAT... that good? or that coincidental?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.