Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Illinois Bow hunting >

Illinois Bow hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Illinois Bow hunting

Old 11-26-2008, 12:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Illinois Bow hunting

My friend lance and I saw around 16 deer feeding in a field tonight when we did a drive around his hunting ground, and there was a buck with the does. So I think the rut is still going here. I am going out tomarrow night and I hope to see one... I plan to hunt the funnel. what is second shotgun season so i know my timetable.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:19 AM
Typical Buck

the rut is still on for sure I live in east central Illinois and I saw 3 different mature bucks on does monday night
Old 11-26-2008, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

2nd firearm season is December 4-7.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

wheres everyone from?

Gallatin County for me
Old 11-26-2008, 12:08 PM
Fork Horn

I just got back from a hunt in Gallatin County and the rut was rocking. I saw over 30 bucks in a 6 day period most of them were running does. I got lucky and had a hot doe around my stand andthere were bucks coming from everywhere. I ended up harvesting a main frame 10 that scores 152. The best week I have everhad in the woods.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

I am going out tonight in marhsal county I will report when i get back.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

it was a perfect night but I saw no deer! only squirrels.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:35 PM
Fork Horn

I still have yet to get lucky.... I think im going to change spots and give up on the spot i first hunted it just does not hold deer in the fall I am finding out... but now that i know where to set up next opening day.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

it was beautiful tonight nice and still but dang cold, I got into my stand around 2pm and didnt see anything for a while and then i started seeing squirels. But then i was thinking about getting out and then all of a sudden I saw some movement and it was a nice 6 pointer walking along the deer trail diagonal to me I should have drawn my bow when he went behind a tree but no.... I didnt draw... and then he comes out infront of me to my right and hes beautiful and he looks right the f up at me and I freeze and hes got this whole bullseye on his lungs less than 20 yards away and hes looking right at me. then he turns his head and i get ready to draw and the buck turns around and fs off back into the woods. So its starting to get dark and then I then I got busted by a deer in the brush on the other side behind me. So I kind of have a littl ebit of confidense back that im not curses with not seeing deer... Im cursed that I dont get shots at deer. So like i said i have some confidence back. and the bucks appear to kind of be crusing again or starting so i may try hunting the other finger.
Old 11-29-2008, 04:58 PM
Fork Horn

Well the buck didnt come back and i didnt see much of anything So I think that next week I will go back to the small match in marshal county to give this spot a rest and rotate.

Quick Reply: Illinois Bow hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.