Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Could all of these problems lead to..... >

Could all of these problems lead to.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Could all of these problems lead to.....

Old 11-17-2008, 08:19 PM
Spike

Default Could all of these problems lead to.....

not seeing hardly any deer? I had high hopes for this year in taking a decent sized buck, but so far this season just hasn't produced. Last year we seen deer almost every sit, and were within bow range of a 180 class giant with bows 20 yards behind us in the truck. Yet this year Ive seen maybe 4 deer.

Strike 1.)
Early in the season I set out a feed block, which 2 weeks later the landowner shot a decent 8 pointer over it but didn't make a clean shot so they took dogs in to recover the buck

Strike 2.)
There is 5 different hunters as well as me and my father that hunt this 320 acres and atleast 1 likes to still hunt and sneak through the woods.

Strike 3.)
Ive seen 5 coyotes, more than Ive ever seen. One even chased a doe past me at 20 yards but no shot oppurtunity.

There is buck sign all over the place, deer have got a 4'x4' hole dug 18 yards in front of my stand where I place some liquid minerals out in a week and a half. Trails are all over, Ive seen one buck a big bodied 10 point 5 yards under my stand 20 minutes before legal shooting light.

What could all this mean, are they all nocturnal? We have been doing alot better on public land lately but do you think me and my dad should give up on seeing a shooter on this land and go after public land bucks or would you hunt the property hard until the end of the season? Sorry for the long rant but I just gotta blow off some steam for a somewhat dissapointing season.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Could all of these problems lead to.....

Game cams...it's a worth while investment. Deer would definitely be sensitive if too many folks are walking all over it. Best of luck