Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 A dream realized and then quickly shattered >

A dream realized and then quickly shattered

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A dream realized and then quickly shattered

Old 11-17-2008, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: A dream realized and then quickly shattered

GET THAT BUCK MOUNTED!!!!
Old 11-17-2008, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

man and to think some people give up searching after an hour or 2 come on bro that buck is amazing and deserves to be mounted and shown off like he is the real trophy you mad a bad shot which might not even been ur fualt but you did what most men wont do and that is never gave up on searching that takes effort bro get that buck mounted no need to brag about how big he is or anything but be proud of him for the fact that it is a amazing trophy and there was a great story involved in finding him
Old 11-17-2008, 06:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

PA you should be extra proud of your efforts. Not many would sacrifice that many days looking for one they knew was down. Most would just go hunt for another one, on the limited time they have. My hats off to you!

Be proud, these things happen, but YOU ALONE made the outcome as successful as was possible!
Old 11-17-2008, 06:27 PM
Site Buck Guru

You did nothing wrong. You went above and beyond and recovered your deer. No shame in that, be proud.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:42 PM
Typical Buck

The only thing I see you did wrong isletting a slightly bad shot outweigh the harvest of a fine buck.You completed the task by sticking withit and finding your game. You are taking it WAAYYY too hard.
You want meat? I'm sure there are plenty of local folks that would be more than happy to share their harvest with you. It would be a crying shame and a complete dishonor to that buck to stick his rack away because you are too obsessed in your pity party. Man-up already. That's why they call it 'hunting' and not 'killing'.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

The hunt might not have gone off the way you would have liked it scripted, but that doesn't diminish the class of animal you put down. Whatever you lacked in the execution of your shot, you more than made up for in your determination and effort in the recovery.

Now pick your chin up and quite beating yourself over the head for something that could happen to the best hunter. Forgive yourself and move on.

As Mr. Primos once said..."This ain't Hollywood!" In the real world things happen, dreams don't always come true; in the final analysis, yours did...just not the way you wanted it too.

I wish you well...
Old 11-18-2008, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Dude mount that deer....you did nothing wrong, there is no shame in what you did, hell most would have quit after the first day of looking, if they would have given it that long. It sucks that you didn't find him sooner, but you found him and you arrowed him and he desrves the mount as do you... it's a great buck that you killed...it's too bad about the meat, but there is nothing that can be done about it, close this chapter and appreciate the antlers...
Agree. Not mounting the deer is irrational and does not honor the animal.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Dude mount that deer....you did nothing wrong, there is no shame in what you did, hell most would have quit after the first day of looking, if they would have given it that long. It sucks that you didn't find him sooner, but you found him and you arrowed him and he desrves the mount as do you... it's a great buck that you killed...it's too bad about the meat, but there is nothing that can be done about it, close this chapter and appreciate the antlers...
I agree!
Old 11-18-2008, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

You chose to harvest that animal. You made the recovery even though it wasn't the way you liked. You didn't get all the glory photos and I know it sucks and this same thing has happened to me. But, you know what? That deer is mounted and on my wall. That buck deserves to be mounted.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I really have to agree with the others. You killed that buck, and made extraordinary efforts to recover him. You overcame a bad situation and pushed thru. There is no shame in that. The biggest shame is you not letting yourself enjoy the moment that you rightfully deserve. It has little to do with respect for the animal, but more with respect for yourself. Give yourself credit for the effort you put in.

I made a bad shot on the buck I killed this year, but I got lucky and he died after 130 yds. You made a bad shot and fate wasn’t so kind to you, but you found your deer in spite of that. That is commendable. Don’t let random luck steal your enjoyment and right to look up at your wall and enjoy your buck that you worked so hard to take. I hope as time goes by you’ll reconsider your feelings and look at this situation from a different light.

Enjoy him, you earned it.

Quick Reply: A dream realized and then quickly shattered

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.