Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The most accomplished hunter never known... >

The most accomplished hunter never known...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The most accomplished hunter never known...

Old 11-19-2008, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The most accomplished hunter never known...

Your talentis a gift Greg. I wish you the very best! I hope you take that talent and soar!

"a-hole" coming from a "well respected" is a violation of rule #145789 of the HNI code. Shake it off big guy...

I'll admit it, I'm jealous...I would love to kill trophy bucks like that every year....and elk, and bear, and antelope, and caribou, and mt. lions, and sheep, and...!
Old 11-19-2008, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Greg, first of all kudos on another great buck! Another great deer and unique trophy, you earned it.

Now for the statement "The most accomplished hunter never known"! I can't agree with that statement and it's no disrespect to Greg by any means, his post alone shows he knows he is an accomplished hunter but respects the fact there are many out there that we will never know. My ex wife's grandfather had an attic filled with racks that were incredible, all taken in the Madison, WI area and Northern WI. I remember one that had several little points, almost crystalized looking that had to have over 100 points less than two inches. I know there were over 40 P&Y class bucks in that attic and tried to get her uncle to pull them out to catalog them and send it in to North American Whitetail, divorce would eventually end that quest.

Recently I went to Brown County Illinois and met a cousin of my neighbor while there. He has hunted that area his entire life and has numerous P&Y's and Booners on his wall at home though I wasn't able to see them. At the farm he had 130" 8 point heads laying in the barn, too small to mount but worthy of the dinner table. You got to wonder how a guy can ditch P&Y class bucks and leave them in a barn, but to him they are not trophy deer. Some people would kill to have a 130 class on their wall yet some see them as no big deal!

The sad fact is that we will likely never know the greatest big buck hunter of all time, most likely his trophys are hidden somewhere on a farm in rural America only to be forgotten. Look at some of the biggest Deer, Elk, etc from the record books and many were found years after being shot by family members and submitted with the hunter finally being recognized years and decades after taking them.

We are blessed to have some incredible hunters on this site, some taking monster deer year after year on public land anyone can hunt. We have guys with great properties taking bucks year after year that only they can hunt. There are so many on this site that deserve kudos for their accomplishments and they do it their way, though some work much harder than others. For me the guy that walks 1, 2, 6 miles per hunt on public land to areas nobody else will go get my respect most. I have it easy where I hunt, I walk up a hill a few hundred yards and hop in a stand not much unlike many in here. I am not sure I would ever make the 2 mile trek with a stand and climbing sticks on my back

Kudos again Greg, you are a great hunter who dropped another awesome deer. Kudos as well to all the other guys on here doing it right and dropping incredible deer, many of you may never be known to the general public but we are all blessed to say we know you and can relish in your success!
Old 11-19-2008, 07:02 AM
Typical Buck

Some of you guys are taking the 'best hunter ever' titlea bit too serious, eh?

Congrats Greg. Keep doing what you're doing.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

It may not be in the spirit of the post and I won't post his name because I know he wouldn't like it or any other kind of attention BUT I know a guy that has killed over 30 P&Y whitetails in NE Arkansas on public ground in the last 25 years. He has my vote for the best hunter that no one will ever know.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Iwas the one who initially called VA a sack rider regarding this thread. It was TOTALLY ment in jest, which he is more than aware of. Now, some of you are getting carried away with it, making me regret usingit at all. I like to have fun on this site as well as learn from it. Why can't folks just have fun (like me asking Greg to adopt me) sometimes, instead of going for the jugular? Let's all just act our age's.
Yes, Greg is indeed probably one of themost accomplished hunters on here.Some may not want to come to grips with that, but it is the case. He has more than proven this via his threads, posts, and pics. Am I a sack rider? I think not. But I do know a great deer hunter when I run across one! And, I'm not bashful to say so. Let's just give credit where credit is due.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:10 AM

Amen EI ! That's all I was trying to do!! while we are at it I will give props to others in the category.....Shed33 andMagicman are right there with him on the accomplishments.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Amen EI ! That's all I was trying to do!! while we are at it I will give props to others in the category.....Shed33 andMagicman are right there with him on the accomplishments.
And there are so many more, look at Buckmastr! The guy has enough trophy's to cover the side of a barn and one of if not the best informative videos out there from Bloodbrothers. Yet this guy is one of those hunters killing mosters on public land and getting little credit.

WKP Todd and his crew, taking monsters on video and even passing on mosters because cameramen aren't ready. These guys have passed on deer in their videos that many in here would die to have on their wall.

Shed33 and Magicman indeed great hunters, Antlereater, Duke is on a tear and will likely have well over 30 P&Y's by the time he is 50. Gri22ly takes a sweet buck every year on public ground in Kentucky. You got guys like Buckeye and Rybo pulling quality deer out of states they don't live in on public land. How about Opelhunter, the guy took a Booner and another monster deer this year alone but nobody gives him kudos and he hunts multiple states. The list goes on and we are lucky to be able to have such a diverse group on this site, including GregH.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:11 AM

I agree Race, I just don't know about them all....I do know that GregH has lots of respect on here and when he posts about tatics lots of people listen, Im sure there are many guys on here that are as good as the best out there, we just don't know of them, that's why I posted for GregH as the unknown and yes, there are others, so post away!!
Old 11-19-2008, 10:15 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-19-2008, 01:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

I really think that I am among the top "unknown accomplished hunters"...Heck I shot 10 deer with my bow last year
That's utter gluttony!

Quick Reply: The most accomplished hunter never known...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.