Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The most accomplished hunter never known... >

The most accomplished hunter never known...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The most accomplished hunter never known...

Old 11-17-2008, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The most accomplished hunter never known...

Still a brute of a whitetail. You modest sob. Congrats again.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is one of the best things I ever read on here. Congrat's on the buck again and thanks for sharing.
ORIGINAL: GregH

Guys,
Let's not get carried away! There are plenty of people out there who are better than me. While I appreciate all the kind words, it makes me feel uncomfortable. Personally, only a handful of people in the area where I live even know about the deer I shoot. They are family, close friends and a few fellow hunters at work. A couple of years ago I found this site while googling "whitetail deer". I read through a few pages in the bowhunting forum and decided to join. Since doing so it has become an enjoyable experience and I've met many fine people, some of them in person. Of all my personal friends there are no more than 3 who can talk about hunting as much as I can! [&:]

That's where you guys come in! This forum is a place where I can come on a daily basis and talk hunting where no one gets sick of hearing it! [:-]

I enjoy sharing my experiences as well as sharing yours.

Over the years when I was growing up, big buck hunting was largely a secret. No one shared tips or experiences. Well, I started doing it on my own and met acouple of experienced big buck hunters who started sharing their knowledge once they saw I was serious and put a few down. Since then we've become friends. The difference between them and me is that I don't keep secrets. I enjoy sharing ideas and tips with everyone, again, that's where you come in. I learn from you as well. I enjoy helping and sharing in others joy and excitement of taking a great buck. Size doesn't matter as long as it's great to them. This hunting community has been a source of enjoyment for me.

Thanks
GregH

Old 11-17-2008, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will agree, Greg is the man. I enjoy learning from everyone here, and especially him.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I grow up I want to be like GregH.....no seriously someone give this a guy a T.V. show. From what I have seen him post on the forum and the deer he has harvested in the few years I've been a member, the guy is a professional big buck hunterplain and simple.

Congrats Greg on yet another fine animal.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

He does get the job done.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

A Big Congrats Greg !!! And a big thank you for sharing your story's and hunting knowledge, I reallyenjoy reading your post and seeing you bucks you harvest.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

No doubt Greg Is the ****!! I will some day make that trip to Wisconsin and talk this guys ear off some weekend.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:39 PM
Typical Buck

Thats a hellofa buck!

so greg wanna send some bucks over my way?! congrats again on the buck!
Old 11-17-2008, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

He is one heck of a bowhunter. What I like about Greg is he doesn't need all of that fancy stuff to get it done. Still uses his old camo, plain old Northern rubber boots, old High Country Bow and aluminum arrows. He simply knows how to hunt mature whitetails.

I once read in one of Greg Millers books, can't recall which one, but he said when he shows up to camp he can tell in 10 min. which guy in the camp will probably kill the biggest deer. He said it is usually the guy who sits off by himself and shows up with the oldest gear in the camp, doesn't do much talking and never brags.

I tip my hat to you, Greg!
Old 11-18-2008, 11:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

I marvel at his accomplishments. Even more his knowledge of the deer hunting. I learn something from each and every post of his. Big bucks roaming his land or not, he gets it done year after year. I disagree with the theory that if you put anyone else on his land they will enjoy the same success. You still have to put all the pieces of the puzzle together. A lot more needs to be done to harvest an animal like he kills than just be put on his land IMO. A good start? Yes. Guaranteed you'll get it done? I don't believe so. Good job Greg on another bruiser.

Quick Reply: The most accomplished hunter never known...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.