Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The most accomplished hunter never known... >

The most accomplished hunter never known...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The most accomplished hunter never known...

Old 11-17-2008, 05:29 PM

Default RE: The most accomplished hunter never known...

9 bucks total today...two of the biggest came by me at 80 yds...the biggest was a 10 pt 19' wide, he was a brute he came by about an hr after I text you ...
Old 11-17-2008, 05:32 PM

I know EI, I put the wrong little face after the sentence I meant this[&o],,, it's all good!
Old 11-17-2008, 05:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

9 bucks total today...two of the biggest came by me at 80 yds...the biggest was a 10 pt 19' wide, he was a brute he came by about an hr after I text you ...
HOLY SPREAD! How'd he weave in and out of the trees?[8D]

On a serious note, sounds like a bruiser, hope you get on him before its too late.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:02 PM

he's already dead ...[&o]
Old 11-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

Ahmen!!! GregH really does know how to put the smack on the big boys.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:11 PM
Dominant Buck

Nothing diminishing about this statement......but I'd like to have access to an area that allowed me to pass on 135" deer. I've never seen one.

I'll hand it to him....he puts a bruiser down every year....and that's commendable. I've logged 66 sits and 250+ hours on stand this season alone....and I've seen one mature buck (that might go 110"). Past him....the largest buck I've seen is 80" (ONE).

I wouldn't trade my woods, though. I get to hunt them in every facet of their existence. I get to go to them.

My hat's off to his success....which is undeniable. Kudos.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:29 PM

Yep, it's a fact that you have to hunt where they live, and many of us do not have quite that many big bucks or even one of that caliber, I certainly live in an area that has them, saw one today when I was out with the orange army at 80 yds he will score 150" easily, he was dead not 30 seconds after I saw him, guy on the next stand got him....my point is, I live where they live and have connected a few times over the years on some good ones, but not every year, it takes patience and knowledge of mature bucks to do it....
Old 11-17-2008, 06:50 PM
Typical Buck

Greg who?
Old 11-17-2008, 07:26 PM
Site Buck Guru

Guys,
Let's not get carried away! There are plenty of people out there who are better than me. While I appreciate all the kind words, it makes me feel uncomfortable. Personally, only a handful of people in the area where I live even know about the deer I shoot. They are family, close friends and a few fellow hunters at work. A couple of years ago I found this site while googling "whitetail deer". I read through a few pages in the bowhunting forum and decided to join. Since doing so it has become an enjoyable experience and I've met many fine people, some of them in person. Of all my personal friends there are no more than 3 who can talk about hunting as much as I can! [&:]

That's where you guys come in! This forum is a place where I can come on a daily basis and talk hunting where no one gets sick of hearing it! [:-]

I enjoy sharing my experiences as well as sharing yours.

Over the years when I was growing up, big buck hunting was largely a secret. No one shared tips or experiences. Well, I started doing it on my own and met acouple of experienced big buck hunters who started sharing their knowledge once they saw I was serious and put a few down. Since then we've become friends. The difference between them and me is that I don't keep secrets. I enjoy sharing ideas and tips with everyone, again, that's where you come in. I learn from you as well. I enjoy helping and sharing in others joy and excitement of taking a great buck. Size doesn't matter as long as it's great to them. This hunting community has been a source of enjoyment for me.

Thanks
GregH

Old 11-17-2008, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

He sure does know how to do some nanny whacking...[8D]

The Dude constantly is laying the smackdown on some serious bone.

Greg, have you ever added up all the inches? Im curious.

Quick Reply: The most accomplished hunter never known...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.