Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Heavy B Coming In And.... >

Heavy B Coming In And....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Heavy B Coming In And....

Old 11-18-2008, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Heavy B Coming In And....

Sorry to say AF, but I think you know what to do at this point. I can't imagine the level of frustration you are dealing with right now. Sorry man.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:30 PM

If my dog somehow got loose and you shot him, I would be going to jail.

Granted the owner should chain it up better or keep it inside while not at home, it isn't the dog's fault.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

buy a harness for the dogs and get a wire go up to the dog Put the harness on pound the steak in the ground right infront of the guy hook the dog to it yourself and go hunting if the dog "breaks loose" shoot it.

Ryan.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:38 PM

Iowa does have a law called "Disruption of hunting pleasure", mainly aimed at anti's and niebours who try to keep the deer in your woods from comming around.....if you can prove that the dogs are his and that the constantly come in the woods and such, nail him...its a $250 fine.

Secondly, are the dogs comming on the property you hunt and does he own it??...if not they can be considered feral and can be shot on site if chasing game animals.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Nubby_Stalker

Iowa does have a law called "Disruption of hunting pleasure", mainly aimed at anti's and niebours who try to keep the deer in your woods from comming around.....if you can prove that the dogs are his and that the constantly come in the woods and such, nail him...its a $250 fine.

Secondly, are the dogs comming on the property you hunt and does he own it??...if not they can be considered feral and can be shot on site if chasing game animals.
I own the land I am hunting on and his dogs come over here and run the deer. I'll have to check into that "Disruption of hunting pleasure" law. If I can find the code, I'll press charges against him. He is my garbage collector and the only one in this area...By the time I get done, I'll have free garbage pickup for the rest of my life!
Old 11-18-2008, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

No way I could shoot someone's pet. Owner ignorance or not.

My buddy had this issue 2yrs ago....dang near everytime he went out. Finally, he got down and caught the dog and called the pound to come get him.Owner got fined when he came to pick him up....and he didn't have the problem anymore. Not sure if they will do that where you are. Def pursue that other law....might work for you. Sorry to hear it, I know its frustrating.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rubber blunt in the butt may stop it from chasing deer.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey buddy I would not hesitate to take care of that problem if I was you... Cannot stand dogs that chase deer anyway being a coyote hunter and all......
Old 11-18-2008, 04:00 PM

Don't know that I would've even started this post. You had to know the response it would get. You're forgetting one of the 3 S's in "shoot, shovel and shut-up". I'm just sayin'...
Old 11-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Leash law here and never see dogs in the woods. If you do shoot his dog don't let him know as thingsmightget out of hand.

You might be in the right I really don't know but if someone shot my Brittany for whatever reason I would do something that might land me in jail. It would be like an assault on a close family member. Thump it with a blunt at 20 yards and it won't be coming back.

I am glad I'm not in your position cause my blood would be boiling too.

Quick Reply: Heavy B Coming In And....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.