Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 This cant be good >

This cant be good

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This cant be good

Old 11-16-2008, 04:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default This cant be good

Let me start off by saying, before tonight, I had never released an arrow (with a compound bow) at a deer. In the past I was a crossbow hunter.

So as I was sitting in my stand tonight I saw a brute of a buck walking towards me, so I get ready. I thought I kept calm pretty well and thought things out good. I picked out the opening where I wanted to take the shot. I drew back then he entered the window and I released. TING! I watched the buck as he ran off across a field into another section of the woods. So at that point I tried to figure out what the ting noise was. After looking things over, I noticed that I had hit my cam on the rail of my treestand. In the heat of the moment I failed to check for clearance of my bow to my treestand. And yes I have practiced from it in the offseason.

So question number 1. Do you think he will be back? We have seen him in this area a number of times and I dont think he picked me out.

Question 2. Do you think I have get my cam repaired? I didnt notice any cracks in the limbs by the way. I am affraid it may be pinching the string a little bit.

Sorry I am just a bit frustrated right now. Missed an easy P&Y[:@]

Old 11-16-2008, 04:56 PM

Default RE: This cant be good

With the looks of that damage, it might be best to get a new cam. It looks like that sharp edge might fray your serving every time you draw back.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:57 PM
Typical Buck

I'd be inclined to replace the cam. At the very least I'd remove the string and file, then sand, then emory the inside lip to keep it from ruining the string. But first I'd check to make sure the string won't come off track of the cam at that spotwhen shooting. Could be dangerous.

Old 11-16-2008, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: IAhuntr

I'd be inclined to replace the cam. At the very least I'd remove the string and file, then sand, then emory the inside lip to keep it from ruining the string. But first I'd check to make sure the string won't come off track of the cam at that spotwhen shooting. Could be dangerous.
Concur. I wouldn't shoot it until the cam is replaced or repaired.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

that sucks. buy a new cam so you do not loss another
Old 11-16-2008, 05:52 PM
Typical Buck

I wonder how long this will take. I do not want to finish the season off with the crossbow to be honest.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry for your run of bad luck on a P&Y buck. A person doesn't get them chances every year that's for sure.

I hope It pans out better for you next time! Good luck!!
Old 11-17-2008, 08:27 AM
Typical Buck

Well I called my archery shop and they wanted $160-$180 to fix it. Called Parker directly and he said since its not a manufacture defect it would not be covered under warranty but at the same time said this "authorized"Parker is wanting to charge way to much. So he told me to send it to him and he will fix it for the cost of shipping.

How that for customer service! Kudos to Parker!
Old 11-17-2008, 08:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

wow i am thinking of buying a new bow. Makes me think about looking at parker
ORIGINAL: pwrsrtk350

Well I called my archery shop and they wanted $160-$180 to fix it. Called Parker directly and he said since its not a manufacture defect it would not be covered under warranty but at the same time said this "authorized"Parker is wanting to charge way to much. So he told me to send it to him and he will fix it for the cost of shipping.

How that for customer service! Kudos to Parker!