Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Im torn guys.help what did I hit??..update..MAYBE theres a chance?? >

Im torn guys.help what did I hit??..update..MAYBE theres a chance??

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Im torn guys.help what did I hit??..update..MAYBE theres a chance??

Old 11-16-2008, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Im torn guys.help what did I hit??

Ok guys I went back out today and combed the whole area over from the last spot of blood, just hoping to stumble upon the deer. I did not find him!!!

I guess now it is up to the buzzards to eat well or HOPEFULLY by some odds the buck is still alive and will be seen by someone later in the year?? I will be checkin for the birds flying above the next "warm" day we get!!

I am trying not to be hard on myself because I felt I did everything right. I basically hit the deer where I was aiming, I gave him enough time to expire but this was just not meant to be I guess? Ya live and learn!!

The thing that really sucks for this whole ordeal is that the area I hunt does not have "potential" for nice bucks. I have seen three(3) "big" bucks while hunting in 12yrs of hunting this area with this one being one of them! It is sickening!!

Thank you all for the encouragement!!
Old 11-16-2008, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Western I feel where you are coming from buddy. I hunt the same type of property as you(not alot of big bucks) so if/when I get a shot on one, I want to kill him dead as stone. This must be tough on you man. I am sorry....but don't give up and keep at it!
Old 11-16-2008, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

keep an eye out like ya said. my grandpa had one he hit that we couldn't find. truns out the deer made a 3 mile circle through 2 other properties and died about 200 yards from the original shot.deer can go along ways. keep you head up buddy.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well kind of a good update I guess? I live in a smalltown where everyone knows everything that happens, so I got word that my buck was still alive Sunday. A buddy of mine got word from a buddy of his that his wife seen a nice buck walking through the backyard on saturday night and sunday morning that looked like it's leg was "all gimped up"... I am not certain but the house/yard is probably 300-500 yrds from the last spot of blood that we found???

I am still not certain if this buck(if its the one I shot)is STILLalive, but it is still a huge weight off my chest that someone seen it a whole 24 hrs later walking with what they seen as an injured leg, so HOPEFULLY he is able to make it and live and someone can see this buck later on this year or next!!! I have been out about every night this week just glassing the fields where this deer ran towards hoping for a glimpse of him, but the binos suck and couldnt ever tell anything for sure!!!
Old 11-20-2008, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

You hit his kevlar vest and he only has a surface wound.[:@] My neighbor did the same thing and we hunted the marsh area for it for 3 days without finding it. He gave up and the next day took that hog of his.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you hit the deer where the picture shows, that deer will be dead. From 15 foot up 28 yard shot you clipped the near side lung and most likely hit the far side shoulder (Hence the cracking sound) But given the shot you said and the red dot you showed, he will die. He wont survive the shot, especially if you penetrated to all but 4 inches of your arrow. If you hit near side shoulder, he might have a chance. Otherwise, hes dead.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fingerz42

If you hit the deer where the picture shows, that deer will be dead. From 15 foot up 28 yard shot you clipped the near side lung and most likely hit the far side shoulder (Hence the cracking sound) But given the shot you said and the red dot you showed, he will die. He wont survive the shot, especially if you penetrated to all but 4 inches of your arrow. If you hit near side shoulder, he might have a chance. Otherwise, hes dead.
I think the same thing everyday!!!!????
Old 11-20-2008, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dont let it get to ya to much. Yes it sucks. And if it bugs you to much then get back out and look. The crows should give away its location. Try going and looking a bit more, he shouldnt have gone much further.

BTW, I replied to your KE question.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I swear I will let this thread die one day...!! I got one more "option" I wanna throw at some of ya's!!! Although I am 95% certain the deer was at the exact angle and the hit was where I put it in the first pics....what would have been hit if the deer would have been angled harder like in this pic????

Old 11-20-2008, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lung. Near side lung. Sooner or later hes gonna drown on his blood. JMO.

Quick Reply: Im torn guys.help what did I hit??..update..MAYBE theres a chance??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.