Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Im torn guys.help what did I hit??..update..MAYBE theres a chance?? >

Im torn guys.help what did I hit??..update..MAYBE theres a chance??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Im torn guys.help what did I hit??..update..MAYBE theres a chance??

Old 11-15-2008, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Im torn guys.help what did I hit??

Sig Sauer~~ It looked like blood?? It was wet on the ground from all the rain, so basically the best way to describe is it looked like watered down blood for the most part?? It was more of BRIGHT red, it was most definantely not a liver shot as I was no where near it??
Old 11-15-2008, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Predator19

I would bet he was quartered away more than you think though.
Predator~~ I thought of that as well, but am 90% sure this was the exact angle, shot placement, etc....? All I saw after the shot was the arrow tucked in perfecty behind the shoulder as he took off running?? So if he was quartering away alot more what could I have hit then, if I am certain that it was right behind the shoulder basically???
Old 11-15-2008, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Was his leg forward like in the picture or was it in the back step? If it was in back step you could have hit the shoulder. That would explain the crack, If it was forward you hit a rib square. 1 lung from the penetration unles it bounced off the other side. Good luck
Old 11-15-2008, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 130woodman

Was his leg forward like in the picture or was it in the back step? If it was in back step you could have hit the shoulder. That would explain the crack, If it was forward you hit a rib square. 1 lung from the penetration unles it bounced off the other side. Good luck
130~~ His front leg was forward like in the pic, but the other side I am not sure about?? The penetration in my eyes was plenty, it was up to my wrap on the back of my arrow? I figure I had to hit atleast one lung, but he went up two hills that a "fatal" shot deer generally wouldnt even think about? I dont know ??
Old 11-15-2008, 02:41 PM

Sounds like you got one lung. Justmissed the front shoulder andstuck the rear shoulder. Get a good group of guys and grid search the area. I wish you luck.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry I just re read it. I thought you only got 4 to 6 inches. I would say you have a dead deer . I would say double lung. I would keep looking and look for birds circle in the morning.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Me and a buddy were out there for 4-5hrs and lost the blood after tracking for so far.. we are both in agreement that its possible he is still alive?? Is there any way I COULD HAVE NOT hit anything???

The only idea I have is let it go until tommorow morning, and then go back tommorow morning to the last spot of blood and start circling and hope to stumble on him?!? I feel bad for not being out there right now, but dont know if we were pushing him or not?? I gave him an hour and a half and he neve layed up ONCE...?

Old 11-15-2008, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 130woodman

Sorry I just re read it. I thought you only got 4 to 6 inches. I would say you have a dead deer . I would say double lung. I would keep looking and look for birds circle in the morning.
130~~ Haha I only would have hoped for a double lung but when I say he ran for probably a mile, I am not exxagerating!! The best way I can figure is he went, 700-1000yrds before we lost blood!?!?
Old 11-15-2008, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

you probably hit it a little farthre back than you thought and hit a rib or a shoulder plate up front and the deer just ran really far. after all bucks can run on adrenaline for a longer run that a doe
Old 11-15-2008, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is a long ways. i iwish you the best of luck.

Quick Reply: Im torn guys.help what did I hit??..update..MAYBE theres a chance??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.