Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How long are you sitting? >

How long are you sitting?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How long are you sitting?

Old 11-14-2008, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default How long are you sitting?

How long are you sitting in the evenings, mornings? I've been trying to sit for at least 3 hours in the mornings and evenings. It's been hard for me in the mornings as I usually have to be at work at 9am and I've got to get down at around 8:15 to make it in on time. Just curious how long everyone else stays out.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: How long are you sitting?

All day. I usually leave if i dont see anything for an hour but Im back after 45mins just a quick lunch break. I was seeing more deer between 12-3 than any other time.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

edit: That was when I was on vacation....I dont get to hunt all day everyday....sigh
Old 11-14-2008, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I figured with the full moon, they'd be moving later in the mornings. Unfortunatly I can't hunt that late till Sunday.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would say that my average sit right now is about 2 hours. But I try to make it 3. It seems like the time just gets away from me.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:27 PM
Spike

Sitting for anything longer than 3-4 hours gets extremely difficult.Late in the season is not too bad sitting longer, but I definately would not waste my time early in the season when it is still warm.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

This time of year, if it is daylight you best be in a stand.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Being PAINFULLY honest I have a lot of trouble sitting WELL for more than four hours. Sitting WELL being the key. After that I am prone to squirming and twisting OR turning my head so fast it was like I was spooked.

If I climb down for 15 minutes for a bit of stretchingI can squeek out anotherhour or two.

NOW if I am seeing deer I can sit A LOT longer. Every sighting buys me another hour and that can stretch to an all day sit.

If your cold your doomed to a short sit. Carry in your layers.

I know I'm a bit of a baby but I tried a THERMACARE back treatment and it was a pleasant surprise for a six hour sit..Made me think I should have a vest with enough pockets for 20 hand warmers..LOL
Old 11-14-2008, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Usually 3-4 hours in the morning and 2-3 hours in the evening. If possible all day. I will jam in a hunt before or after work and that is why my time changes.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:57 PM

I get 2 to 4 hours in the evenings. On Saturdays I try to hunt all day.

Quick Reply: How long are you sitting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.