Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Slowing your hunting arrow down? >

Slowing your hunting arrow down?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Slowing your hunting arrow down?

Old 11-18-2008, 06:26 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Slowing your hunting arrow down?

I don't even wanna get into it. It's not important.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I don't even wanna get into it. It's not important.
I think you may have said in a previous post, but I'll keep quiet
Old 11-18-2008, 06:38 PM
Dominant Buck

No way I could, Kyle....as I'm not sure which one I'll use, yet. I'm gonna shoot mech's and fixed and make a decision.....but it'll probably be a fixed head for a while.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Jeff this song is for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X75mry1LcFg

Good luck I cannot wait to hear how this works out
Old 11-18-2008, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

No way I could, Kyle....as I'm not sure which one I'll use, yet. I'm gonna shoot mech's and fixed and make a decision.....but it'll probably be a fixed head for a while.
Hmm, must have been someone else. My bad.

Germ:

....but....[:'(]
Old 11-18-2008, 07:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

Germ:

Just the first line

"You change your mine, like a girl changes clothes"[8D] My daughter ask to have this song on her zune, I said no[:-]
Old 11-18-2008, 07:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

"You change your mine, like a girl changes clothes
I swear I'd hear that dang song EVERY morning on my drive to my hunting spot & then it would get stuck in my head all day. I wanted to leap from my tree!
Old 11-18-2008, 08:09 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: bowdoc1

I guess I don't under stand thispost too im ocd. I have shot around 400 gr. and 100 gr.broadheads for years and have shot game quartering away and through the paddle bone. I shot down on one and hitabout the last rig out and the arrow came out under his neck and was stuck in the ground. Maybe it's because I shoot supper tuned. tight grouping,70 lb bows and heads like the thunderhead and now the G5 montes, But I blow through every thing deer up to elk like they were a card broad box, I havepassed through two bull one at about 25 yards and one at 40 yards. I'll will say because I can't remember not passing through one so, 98 % of the time. The only time I can remember not is when I try ed some mechanical heads and when I shot aluminums and thats been a lot of years ago. I shot a buck this year at 25 yards and was a little to far forward just missed the paddle bone going in and right through the middle of it low going out and the arrow past through like he was made of card broad and sticking in the ground about 6 inch's. Maybe if I were shooting 50 lb bow areI hada real noisy bow. All my bows have be supper quit shooting, have good speed and put out a lots of KE.

Good luck on every thing just my opinion
I'm with Bowdoc, I don't remember the last time I DIDN'T have a pass through. I too shoot 70 pounds, down from my previous 76. I shoot fixed heads. Last year went from THunderheads(which never failed me) to Shuttle T's. Hell, these girls on the hunting shows who can hardly pull their bows get pass throughs all the time. I'd be worried and seek a change.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

Germ:

Just the first line

"You change your mine, like a girl changes clothes"[8D] My daughter ask to have this song on her zune, I said no[:-]
Sigh of relief....I was going to ask just how you came across that little nugget of musical treasure? lol[:-]
Old 11-19-2008, 10:32 AM
Dominant Buck

After some tinkering in the shop.....I came up with a much lighter arrow than I was goingto use. Here's why....

1st....the Muzzy inserts wouldn't fit the arrows. So....we used the std. insert and collar provided and came up with a 470gr. arrow. That's still over 100gr. heavier than my previous arrow.

At 60#'s....my hunting arrow (former) was being pushed 276fps. At the same draw weight....the new 470gr arrow is being pushed 249fps. KE goes up with the new setup.....but DOWN when we add a 125gr. tip.

So....I think I've found the "optimal" in KE AND Momentum with the new arrow weight. If the 100gr inserts had fit....I'm afriad to know what my arrow speed would have been. I just know it wouldn't have been pretty.

Happy it worked out the way it has. Hopefully I'll get to test it out, REAL soon.

Thanks for all of the advice and tips. I think I've found something I can work with.

Quick Reply: Slowing your hunting arrow down?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.