Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Filled my Nanny Tag >

Filled my Nanny Tag

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Filled my Nanny Tag

Old 11-13-2008, 06:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default Filled my Nanny Tag

Well finally I can say I've put meat in the freezer, and almost a year to date from last year's kill, It has been pretty cold out the past week and I've spent every available chance I had in the woods. I really haven't been disappointed either, I've targeted some very nice bucks that I hope to get a shot at this weekend and I've seen numerous other deer, in fact this season I've seen more deer than any other year; if only looks could kill right? Well last night it was about 40 degree's when I got to the stand, but the barometer was dropping and soon it began spitting rain, and then it got a little bit chilly, not enough to turn the rain to ice but enough to give it a bite. During the week I only have about an hour of hunting time total since I get off work at 4:30 and sunset now is in and around 5:30, so I got to my spot and as soon as I get out of the car spot two does standing along the edge of the woods in a cut wheat field they spy me and sort of trot into the woods. I thought well if that is it for the evening at least I saw deer. I get to the stand around 4:50 and climb up and settle in, I must have ticked off a squirrel because he started barking at me as soon as I sat down...oh well...bushy tailed bastards, back on topic I didn't hear a thing up to 5:20 that is and now its getting close to sunset and I am getting anxious, while I was looking behind me, I turned around right in line were two does, maybe the same ones I saw earlier, the first of the two was very tiny and I decided to let her go through but the second one was decent size and I wanted to fill that doe tag since its only good till the end of November, for some reason my arm collapsed and the bow became undrawn if you will, no sound was made and the deer still didn't know I was there, the little mishap gave me a chance to notice a third deer filing in behind the first two and she was bigger than the second. Now when I hung my stand I had planned on numerous shooting lanes in front of me behind and on the sides but still had great cover and at different distances up to 35 yards, as it were these three deer were working there way through one of those exactly how I had planned it two months before. I had imagined shooting this spot many times while sitting in this stand and the time had come, I only was nervous with excitement for a second and then I stopped shaking and settled my top pin, they were only 20 yards away, the third doe stepped into the clearing and paused for only a second; but that was all I needed, I tripped the release and sent the NAP Nightmare through both of her lungs, right behind the shoulder blade, I mean I have to say it was text book. She ran 30 yards fell and got up and tan three more and fell again watched it all, the other two does milled around for a little bit then took off. So thats it, can't wait for the weekend so I can get back out there and try and fill my other tag for the season. Sorry about low quality picture, got one before my batteries died...

Old 11-13-2008, 06:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Filled my Nanny Tag

Way to go Daveyrock. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Atta Boy!! It's always nice to put one down whether a doe or a big buck!! It's just nice to whack one now and then..
Old 11-13-2008, 08:32 AM
Fork Horn

Awesome pal, nice job, im looking to whack a nanny with my bow very soon.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

way to go! congrats on the doe man, i need to get out there and get one before gun season starts...
[align=left] [/align]
Old 11-13-2008, 08:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice, congrats!
Old 11-13-2008, 09:13 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]