Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Coyote with my bow!!! >

Coyote with my bow!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Coyote with my bow!!!

Old 11-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Coyote with my bow!!!

Well, I wish it had been the big 140-ish 10pt I saw, but being my first coyote with a bow, and being that I called her back to me with a bleat, I was pretty pumped.

Overall, I had a pretty poor weekend, the only 2 deer I could have shot were a small 100" or so 8pt, 2.5yr old, nice little buck, but he needs 2 more years, and a yearling doe, that came running through like something was following her, but nothing followed..... The wind blew all weekend in NW Ohio, sometimes hard enough, I just wrapped an arm around the tree and held on for the ride, but this morning's hunt was my most productive, with the coyote coming trotting in looking for whatever had just made that bleat. I watched her come in from a couple hundred yards away, and then she put the brakes on and stopped looking around the bottom I was hunting for what must've made that noise, so I muffled it and let another little on sneak out, and it was like she was on a line and I was reeling her in. She came trotting in to me, and made it halfway up the bank below the flat my stand was on when at about 12yds, I TWHACKED her. Hit her a little high, only about an inch below the spine on entry side, and maybe 3.5" below on the exit side, so she didn't bleed out well at all, but she died pretty quick, running only about 70yds, and was down in sight. Because the wind was blowing directly in her direction, I felt pretty good about my scent control, considering she came running in towards me with the wind at my back. I'll get pics up later, as the wife has the camera with her right now.

For those of you in woods with a lot of coyote's a doe bleat seemed to work wonders on this one!!!!
Old 11-09-2008, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Coyote with my bow!!!

Awesome, cant wait to see the pics
Old 11-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pic's up.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats, taking a coyote with a bow is a great trophy! I've got one with the compound will be trying to call them into Longbow range later this year! Congrats!
Old 11-09-2008, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

Congrats, taking a coyote with a bow is a great trophy! I've got one with the compound will be trying to call them into Longbow range later this year! Congrats!
Thanks for the congrats!!!! She'd have been in longbow/recurve range, I shot her at 10yds!!! I couldn't believe how well the bleat worked on her.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Fork Horn

I called one in unintentionally using the heat bleat from MAD. She came sneaking through the woods looking for the sound so i hit her with it a couple more times and similarly she came to me on a string. I let her get 25 yards and smashed her. The bleat seems to work well on them. Congrats buddy.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice, congrats
Old 11-09-2008, 10:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats!
Old 11-10-2008, 12:30 AM
Fork Horn

beautiful animal.from her coat to her padded feet..id love to have that mount...one day
Old 11-10-2008, 01:37 AM
Fork Horn

congrats!! almost had one in my pins a few weeks ago, hunting on the ground and I barely moved my hand and he zeroed in on me at the blink of an eye and took off.

Quick Reply: Coyote with my bow!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.