Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hosting an HNI "legend" >

Hosting an HNI "legend"

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hosting an HNI "legend"

Old 11-09-2008, 06:29 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Hosting an HNI "legend"

I've been fortunate to host a few HNI'ers here over the past three deer and turkey seasons. Rob/PA has been here to hunt deer 2X and turkeys 2X in the past. Brknarrow (Frank) has shared my woods on a few occasions....and took the most beautiful doe I've ever seen here, last year. Matt/PA joined Rob/Pa this year....and took a great, mature doe.

On 11/19.....I pick up Will (iamyourhuckleberry) from the airport....and he and I will hunt my NC woods for 3 days. We're all excited about his trip here.....and there will be a night that we invite anyone in the area who's interested to come by for drinks, something to eat and to see some of the footage/stills Will has accumualte dover the years (contingent upon what all he wants to lug with him to NC). I'll make sure everyone knows that date.....and the invitation is to all who want to and can come by. Just bring whatever it is that quenches your thirst.

Will has a goal to take a big game animal in each US state. That's a heckuva goal....and one I'd like to help him achieve (insofar as I can).

We'll keep you posted on the actual date we'll all get together.....but if you're near.....put these dates on your calendar. His experiences in hunting will be worth the price of admission....I can guarantee.

Good luck to all of you as your seasons progress. NC is on the verge of getting REALLY good, now. 12 deg. temp drop last night.....and it "feels deery" again, out there. No hunting on Sundays....or I wouldn't be typing this right now.

PM me if youre interested in coming by.....for directions (if you haven't been here, already). I'll also make a post (or follow-up to this one) as the time draws nearer.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hosting an HNI "legend"

GMMAT, we don't always agree on some things , but I honestly think you're a good guy! It's very nice the way you arewilling to provide a good time for others.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:53 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks, EI....but I ALWAYS seem to get more from it (hosting) than I bet they do. Rob and I have spent some quality time in trees; turkey blinds and especially just getting to know one another, more. He's a life-long friend, for sure. Matt's doe recovery is one I'll never forget. From everything we had to go on (arrow) we thought it would be dicey. We recovered her in 10 seconds of woods time....and the shot could NOT have been any better. Textbook. Having them here was the highlight of my season, so far.

Brknarrow (Frank) was here again Friday (took a day off to hunt with me, here). He told me he likes my little 6acre woodlot (one of my spots)as his most favorite place he's hunted in years. That's great to hear from anyone. GREAT guy....and we'll share many, many more future hunts. I've also extneded the invitation to a few others.....and I hope they take me up on the offer one day.

I'm just hoping the hunting is as good as the fellowship when Will's here. His stories, footage/stills and knowledge of huntingwill be something I try to absorb the whole time. If we're successful on an animal.......icing on the cake.

I never knew how rewarding it could be to share your woods. It's something "I" look forward to with much anticipation, each year. This trip has been on my radar for a long time. If you're near.....come visit.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff, me and Aaron might be meeting up to do some hunting at his place around Thanksgiving. We'll have to try to get together sometime again. It's all still in the works though.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I respect anyone who hosts other hunters on their land. It is almost a HARDER job, than taking your animal yourself. I'll get the chance to do it, next september. Good luck!
Old 11-10-2008, 12:12 AM

Sharing your woods with Will would be such an awesome experiance, and I don't mean myself. lol

I can't imagine all the things you could learn form him. I would try to absorb all I could from him and soak up all the good times.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Let's try to set something up for getting together Saturday night (if you're close by). Just bring whatever you're gonna drink.....and we'll provide some snacks. Will's gonna bring some of his video/still footage from his past hunts (if you haven't kept up with him.....it's unmatched by anyone I know).

Shoot me a PM if you haven' been here, before.....or to just let me know you're coming. We'll be hunting Saturday afternoon....but we should be in (barring a deer down) just after dark.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like fun

I'd be there if I wasn't going to have to turn around and drive 2.5hrs to Aarons a few days after.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:16 PM
Site Bouncer

I wish I was going to be there! Good luck to both you and Will. I don't know if either of you will kill anything but I can guarantee this will be a hunt of a lifetime and what hunting (IMHO) is all about! I'm turning greener as I type.

HNI legend is an understatement......Folks, for those who don't know who Will"iamyourhuckleberry"is (Great name btw) he's been all over the world and USA hunting so many different species of game it will blow your mind. A true "hunter" in every sense of the word.

I'd love to be there andhear some of them hunting stories...arrrrrgh!

Good luck guys!!