Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhangers?

Old 11-16-2008, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bowhangers?

Who uses what kind? Are some better at all than others? Do you screw it in every hunt or leave one in every tree you will use? (Climber scenario)

Links, or brands will be helpful.

Thanks, LT
Old 11-16-2008, 08:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Bowhangers?

http://yhst-14783369062944.stores.yahoo.net/j-7254.html

I have the older version of this one. I keep it in my saddle bag on my climber....and it goes in and out with me each sit.

One thing about bow hangers....is the quality of the "screw". You get what you pay for. The cheaper models don't screw into the tree easily.

my .02
Old 11-16-2008, 08:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Regular tree steps work for me as good bow hangers. Cut off limbs that are with In reach work well also.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:35 AM
Fork Horn

I made one. Ifound a piece of 1 inch square tubing about 2 feet long and cut it in half and welded a 1/4"thread x 2" long screw onto one and and a flex point in the middle with a rubberized metal hook on one end. It works for me. I was bored too.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is the exact hanger I bought this year Jeff. Talk about a good starter screw. That thing is super easy to get in a tree, and very solid. The only thing I don't like is the left/right swivel being at the very end. I like it to swivel left/right in the middle of the hanger. Still the best I have used so far overall.

LT
Old 11-16-2008, 09:07 AM
Typical Buck

Here is the one I use. What I like about it is it came with 3 screws for different stand locations so all you have to do is slide it on and tighten the wing nut.

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=401040&pdesc=HME_Products_Better _Bow_Hanger&cname=Treestand-Accessories&aID=503H5&merchID=4006&r=v iew
Old 11-16-2008, 09:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here's how my bow isheld. I like not having to "reach" for my bow (less movement), it's right there.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

RealTree E-Z Hanger.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:08 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-16-2008, 10:16 AM
Dominant Buck

EI....how's that work when you're standing (which I do a LOT of, now) RE: no movement?

That is the exact hanger I bought this year Jeff. Talk about a good starter screw. That thing is super easy to get in a tree, and very solid. The only thing I don't like is the left/right swivel being at the very end. I like it to swivel left/right in the middle of the hanger. Still the best I have used so far overall.
LT....one thing I like to do sometimes is fold the hanger inward towards the tree and hang my bow on the "doubled up" part. It's shorter....and it alleviates the possiblity of the extended hanger being in the way of a potential shot.

Free tip!

I've also got a few chep-o hangers in some select trees around my hunting area. I know where they are....and it's convenient when I have others here hunting with me. I buy these things on sale every year after the season.....and leave a few out there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.