Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Well Guys I'm Crushed!! >

Well Guys I'm Crushed!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Well Guys I'm Crushed!!

Old 11-06-2008, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Well Guys I'm Crushed!!

i hunted my butt off all year so far like I'm sure most of you have! Always going into the woods with anticipation of getting a nice buck! Well sat. morning I missed 2 buck on my one farm that I have not hunted much so I decided to head back there this morning. To be honest I had great hopes of shooting a buck this morning and I felt real confident! Anyways I got into my tree settled in and got comfy! I began to call and it was not long I had my 1st buck walking torwards me!
Wait behind him was another buck,and before long I had 4 buck standing all withing 20 yards of me! A spike ,4 point, 7 point and an 8 point. I never even grabbed my bow as I was shocked! I decided to shoot the 7 point which was the bigger deer out of all of them! As I went to get my bow I caught more movement and here comes the big fella! i am all ready and he is coming in in a hurry, but he never stops and he chases all the other buck off! I was like damn there went my chance! I hit the can a few times and the big guy came right back in!
There he was 18yards I was already ready and waiting. He was looking for the hot doe. I smoked him true double lung. He ran about 50 yards and piled up. Man I was shaking so bad I had to sit down or I would of fell out of my tree. Then when I collected myself I made some calls and I realized that he ran directly into the neighbors yard and fell over! I was on the phone telling Rob/pa about it when the garage door opened and he begun to back out till he saw the deer.
He jumped out of his Bmw and looked right at me climbing down and said and I quote" Don't Even Think of coming on my land" I said well can I get my deer please? He said "Absolutly not you don't worry about that deer" So there I stood honestly heart broken but super pissed off at this point! This was by far my biggest buck ever! I'm guessing he would of went 125" to 130". I made some calls to the local Game Warden and it was not 10 minutes he was there with the state police.
They went down to his house and he was waiting for them at the bottom of his driveway I figured he knew they would be there cause he had called before I did! Well he would not let them on his property either. They came back over to me about 20 min. later and talked to me and appologized and said there is nothing they can do. That he would not allow them on the land either! So all I got of MY deer is these pictures from back in July.

I want to again thank Andy from Ultimate camo....this stuff is awsome as I was in this oak tree with 5 alert buck not once being detected! Great product!
Rob buddy thanks for listening to me almost cry on the phone to you this morning while you were driving! Sorry for the long read I really was not gonna post anything about this as I just want to forget this day happened! Absolutely the worst day of hunting EVER! I just need time to cool off cause I seriously am thinking retaliation and I know its not right. Thanks for reading guys![]
Old 11-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Well Guys I'm Crushed!!

man, so are you sure there is nothing you can do?

Old 11-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Dominant Buck

NO WAY I don't get that deer. NO WAY.

I'm not a proponent of trespassing and superceding a landowner's rights.....but there are penalties in place for trespassers. I'd accept the penalty and retrieve my deer.

Read that really slowly. There is NO conflict in it. I'd be willing to accept the consequences for my trespassing ways. When he left to go to work.....I'd have retrieved my deer. I can't think of a single scenario in which I wouldn't go ge tmy deer......short of the man standing there with a gun.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Fork Horn

What a prick! Why won't he let you come and get it?
Old 11-06-2008, 02:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm guessing you two have met before this morning? The story?
Old 11-06-2008, 02:26 PM
Fork Horn

You've got to be kidding man, that sucks! Like I always say, payback is a beotch, and I'd have a few good ways of getting him back. My friends are ruthless, and I'd have no kwams about letting them loose. He made the wrong move if he was in my area. Good luck.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

NO WAY I don't get that deer. NO WAY.

I'm not a proponent of trespassing and superceding a landowner's rights.....but there are penalties in place for trespassers. I'd accept the penalty and retrieve my deer.

Read that really slowly. There is NO conflict in it. I'd be willing to accept the consequences for my trespassing ways. When he left to go to work.....I'd have retrieved my deer. I can't think of a single scenario in which I wouldn't go ge tmy deer......short of the man standing there with a gun.

agreed 110% ......... if its once in a lifetime buck or even just a good buck, id be willing to pay almost anything to get him back
Old 11-06-2008, 02:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Also....I wouldn't be above going to him and telling him this.........

"If you don't let me have that deer......I'm going to hunt the edge of your property line and shoot EVERY deer, rabbit, squirrel, raccoon, possum, etc..... out of spite. If you let me retrieve it....I promise you I'm done killing deer here, this year."

Your move, sir.

Would "I" follow through on my threat? No. WOuld I make him think I would? Darned straight.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm with Jeff on this one. I would willingly accept the consequences of trespassing to retrieve that deer.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow that is crazy stupid. What did he do with the deer? I have to agree with GMMAT. I would have tried the legal approach as you did and when that did not work, I would have broken the law. I would have waited there until either he disposed of the deer or he left. Sorry to hear about this.

Quick Reply: Well Guys I'm Crushed!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.